Centech 98025 DVM schematic (Harbor Freight)

fordo

Joined Aug 20, 2015
I got a couple of these Harbor Freight cheapies for free and the ohms function is not working, accidentally connected them to a hot circuit. Fuse & batteries ok, and other functions (dcv and acv) work ok. Anybody have a schematic or know if anything other than the main IC might be the problem? No sign of anything burnt.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Is it really worth your time.. You likely damaged some IC.. It will cost you FAR more in time/money to repair it vs just getting another.

I'm all for fixing something if you can and if its worth it.. I could never justify fixing Harbor Freight junk..

fordo

Joined Aug 20, 2015
Is it really worth your time.. You likely damaged some IC.. It will cost you FAR more in time/money to repair it vs just getting another.

I'm all for fixing something if you can and if its worth it.. I could never justify fixing Harbor Freight junk..

If the multimeter is similar to the DT830x, then you can refer the schematics here at ETO:

http://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/dt830x-multimeter-circuit-diagram.133113/
at post #4

It is basically a VOM based on the ICL7106 chip.

Allen
Allen,

Thanks! I think it's close enough. Chip on HF dvm is blacked out, but this will get me in the ballpark.

Mike