Cell Phone Help

Fxsx24

Joined Oct 26, 2008
HI
i am trying to fix a LG vx8350 for a friend, the phone turns on, the vzw logo appears keys light up, the that goes black. the front panel still works as intended, as since the logo appears on the phone the main lcd works too

i have narrowed it down to the mechanism that tells the phone weather to use the main or front screen (you can see them change by opening and closing the phone slowly)

i have got the phone down to bare boards and cannot find anything that would trigger the change over between screens

this is hard to search for since most results are for replacing the lcd screens

any help would be greatly appreciated

and for those that are wondering, she slammed the phone on the floor.
no cracks in the screens or anything. my 8300 is similar but not the same, so i dont think taking it apart will help me any

StephenDJ

Joined May 31, 2008
Well, I'm NOT that good with cell phones, but so far no one else has replied, so I guess I'll take the bait. FRom the text of your question I deduct that the phone is a flip style with 2 LCDs (one inside, one outside). What is the vzw? and when you press the power key and the phone turns on, which display does it appear on? The complaint is that it goes black, right?

(Sorry 'bout your she friend.) It happens. Whoops!

Last edited:

Fxsx24

Joined Oct 26, 2008
when i turn the phone on the verizon logo appears on both screens (as it should), after that part of the "boot up" it just uses the front display

i believe that the phone thinks it is closed, therefor the main screen is off, and the keypad does not work, once again cause it thinks it is closed

StephenDJ

Joined May 31, 2008
Yes, I agree. Maybe it thinks it's closed. But I also thought about the fact that main display inside could have the backlight gone out on it but that doesn't seem to be the case because the keypad goes out too along with it. Therefore it's in the brains and/or switches opening and closing.You say you have the thing apart down to the boards. So can you locate any tiny switches or wires leading to switches or optical devices that can used as switches as the thing opens and closes? I honestly think this is going to be hard to isolate the problem on such a small compact device. -- sj

Last edited:

Fxsx24

Joined Oct 26, 2008
Yes, I agree. Maybe it thinks it's closed. But I also thought about the fact that main display inside could have the backlight gone out on it but that doesn't seem to be the case because the keypad goes out too along with it. Therefore it's in the brains and/or switches opening and closing.You say you have the thing apart down to the boards. So can you locate any tiny switches or wires leading to switches or optical devices that can used as switches as the thing opens and closes? I honestly think this is going to be hard to isolate the problem on such a small compact device. -- sj
it is not the backlight, when the phone is "booting" the verizon logo is clearly displayed on the screens

i see nothing in terms of opticals, good thought though
no switches i can see