Cell Phone Date And Time Question 1

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hey there,

Not too long ago my cell phone started showing everyone else's sent text message time as 1 hour behind the actual time.

For example, say my phone time reads 10:05am and i send out a text message. My sent message time will read 10:05am no problem.
However, if i get a reply text message at say 10:07am the time it came in displays on the phone message area as 9:07 exactly one hour behind the actual time.
Now i get messages from around the country so i suspected that it might be using their time. But one test message came from California which is 3 hours behind my time, and another test message from Pennsylvania which has the same time as i do. Both messages came in at exactly 1 hour behind my time.

This started happening when the time change happened for Daylight Savings Time or whatever they call it now.

What do you think causes this?
There is only one time and date setting for this phone, and once set it shows teh right time on the phone. Just the incoming messages show up as 1 hour behind.

Thanks.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I don't know the answer to your question, but when they changed the dates when we go on and off DST, it created four times a year when systems might get out of sync. Most systems seem to be updated with no problem, but if your messages originate on a system that is out of sync, it might pass through to you. Are ALL of your messages off, or just some of them? Have you talked to your carrier's tech support?

Now that some states are debating staying on DST all the time, the situation will only get worse.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I don't know the answer to your question, but when they changed the dates when we go on and off DST, it created four times a year when systems might get out of sync. Most systems seem to be updated with no problem, but if your messages originate on a system that is out of sync, it might pass through to you. Are ALL of your messages off, or just some of them? Have you talked to your carrier's tech support?

Now that some states are debating staying on DST all the time, the situation will only get worse.
Hi,

Yeah they keep changing their minds, just like we would expect from people who dont really know what they are doing.
I'll check the very distance past messages and see if they were affected too, if i can tell at this later date.
Thanks.