Cat Laser MK-3

Steve Tofflemire

Joined Aug 13, 2015
Cat laser that I made - almost finished.

Modules/Boards:
2 servos modules, 2 red laser dot modules (650nm), an Arduino Nano v3, and a 9V battery and holder.

I'm planning on possibly combining the power wires as such: S.VCC (Servos) [2+1], L.VCC (Lasers) [2+1], and GND (Servos & Lasers) [4+1].
This will go down assuming it doesn't work the way I want it to in terms of freedom of rotation and wire feeding. In other words, I will only do this in future similar devices, or, if I find that there isn't enough wiggle room for the wires and need to free up wires being fed.

I had to use wires that were braided so that they could bend easily.
I am about to write + test code on it.
I have lasers on 3.3V instead of 5V just incase. This way, I won't burn them out using 5V, if it recommends 3.3V. So first: try 3.3V, then try 5V depending. I've made this cat laser before in version 1 transformed to version 2. I am aware what the laser dot should look like in terms of brightness/voltage.

My cat loves lasers so she loved Cat Laser MK1 and she loved Cat Laser MK2 even more. I know she will love when I start uploading code to this one.

Does anyone know the current draw for the:
Red Laser Dot Module (650nm) ??
TowerPro SG90 9G Servo ??

https://www.facebook.com/windsor.electronics is my FB page.
http://www.pinterest.com/asymmetrics2014/ is my Pinterest page.

Attachments

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
If you have the parts, you can measure the current. Otherwise, Google the part numbers, or whatever identification you have. You'll find it.

Steve Tofflemire

Joined Aug 13, 2015
i just tried servos and just not enough current.

I have Arduino digital pins as such: VCC is a digital pin that is high. GnD is a digital pin that is LOW. done the same for each servo (each servo takes up 3 digital pins)... I am not sure but I think i could get more if they weren't digital pins and that i used the actual VCC and GND of the Arduino and parallel every device. I also am not sure but perhaps its that i need two 9v batteries instead of 1. feedback?