Car parking sensors module - guess the IC

litstalov

Joined Jan 27, 2023
20230127_104008.jpgHi!
Can anyone help me guessing what might this unmarked IC be?
This board is a car parking sensors control module. As can be seen in the picture, it has:
- NE5532
- HEF4052BT
- unmarked IC (just a label with "V6" in it)

Thank you for any help.
Cesar.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Looking at what appears to be a crystal beside it my best guess is it's a pre programmed micro controller. With 18 pins it could be any of several and even knowing a part number you will not know what code has been loaded into it. This is common with proprietary parts in designs. Less a board schematic no way to tell at a glance. :(

Ron

litstalov

Joined Jan 27, 2023
Looking at what appears to be a crystal beside it my best guess is it's a pre programmed micro controller. With 18 pins it could be any of several and even knowing a part number you will not know what code has been loaded into it. This is common with proprietary parts in designs. Less a board schematic no way to tell at a glance. :(

Ron
I doubt I can find a schematic for this.
The system stopped working properly.
It beeps when reverse is engaged (as it should) but does not beep when sensors approach an obstacle.
The sensors make a ticking noise, which makes me believe they are ok.
But no beep, so I think it's a problem in the control module...

Anyway, thanks a lot!! :)

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
You can often identify a microcontroller from the number of pins and the position of the crystal pins.
Yes. Also see if you can determine the Vcc and GND pins.
Is that sticker stuck on a top of a rectangular glass cover on top of the chip?
That would indicate that there is a UV-EPROM inside the chip.
There are not too many UV-EPROM MCUs in 18-pin 0.300" pitch DIP.

Edit: I was about to suggest removing the label.

litstalov

Joined Jan 27, 2023
Yes. Also see if you can determine the Vcc and GND pins.
Is that sticker stuck on a top of a rectangular glass cover on top of the chip?
That would indicate that there is a UV-EPROM inside the chip.
There are not too many UV-EPROM MCUs in 18-pin 0.300" pitch DIP.

Edit: I was about to suggest removing the label.
There's nothing writen under the sticker, and no glass cover. Just a regular black plastic packaging.
I just noticed that the top of the IC seems like it was sanded... maybe for the purpose of removing the letters.
Starting from top left, I think that GND is PIN number 9 (the last of that side)... maybe Vcc is PIN 18, but I'm just guessing.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
Why do you think that chip is the cause of your problem ? In my experience microcontrollers are VERY reliable. Even if you identify the chip how do you plan to get the code to program it ?

Les,

litstalov

Joined Jan 27, 2023
Why do you think that chip is the cause of your problem ? In my experience microcontrollers are VERY reliable. Even if you identify the chip how do you plan to get the code to program it ?

Les,
Well, nothing really.
I think I don't have enough knowledge in electronics to properly debbug this thing, and substituting that chip seemed like an easy solution to try... If only I knew what the chip is ! :)

It would be great if you could suggest where to probe this circuit, if that is even possible without a schematic.
Thanks!

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
IF I was attempting to repair it my first step would be to trace out the schematic and from that try to understand how it was designed to work. From what I can see I would make a wild guess that the HFE4052 selects 4 ultrasonic devices in turn. I would expect the select lines would would be changing state all the time selecting the sensors in sequence. Notice I started with "IF" in capital letters so I would probably not attempt trying to fix it.

Les.