Parking sensors/Momentary Switch/Canbus controller/Latching relay.

Discussion in 'Automotive Electronics' started by Ddp86, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Ddp86

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Good Day,

I would like your assistance with momentary switches and latching relays. I have done a search of the site but don't think that it was exactly what I am looking for.
    I am trying to add parking sensors to a vehicle to mimic OEM operation.
    To that end I have assembled the following equipment:
    1 canm8 park controller - canbus unit with 12v output from 0-6mph and 12v output with reverse selected (among others)
    1 nissan OEM switch - momentary with status light and backlight
    1 latching relay - HELLA 0025428119
    1 pac tr7 - universal trigger module

The canbus unit can be installed by itself to provide all the required OEM functionality, however, I would like the OEM momentary switch to be able to turn off the entire system at any given time, AND also to be automatically turned on/reset.

Please let me know if i can be any clearer in my request for assistance.

Thank You

2. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    Is this going to be integrated into the vehicle body controller? How are you going to program its functionality into the system? The only reason I ask is that you mention the CANBUS.

3. Ddp86

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 5, 2017
    It will not be integrated into the BCM. The canm8 (canbus module) takes the signal from the vehicle can hi and can lo wires. Therefore the functionality will not need to be programmed by me, as it is already present in the module. The module has the following outputs present:
    12v Speed Dependent Output (0.1 to 6 MPH)
    12v 0-6 MPH Output
    12v Pulsed Speed Signal 0v Output (Disabled In Reverse)*
    12v Reverse Selected *
    0v Reverse * *