Capacitor and resistor unknown to use

ItalianMikrNC

Joined Dec 30, 2019
Hello I help help in knowing what size Capacitor and resistor will work best in my 3 volt circuit, that draws 1.5volts. I would like to keep constant loan voltage of 1.5volts under a load, from 3 volt batteries.
Just need to know the size of capacitor and resistors that could work. Thanks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The capacitors can be be any value from 10uF to 1000uF @5 V or higher,, ideally we need to know what you are planning on using on the battery, like leds, bulbs, etc how much current you're looking at??

Last edited:

ItalianMikrNC

Joined Dec 30, 2019
The capacitors can be be any value from 10Uf to 1000uF @5 V or higher,, ideally we need to know what you are planning on using on the battery, like leds, bulbs, etc how much current you're looking at??
Hello thanks for the help on the capacitor, would size resistor to you recommend for this 1.5v-5v circuit?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
How much current will the load draw at 1.5V?

A simple solution is to use two 1N4001 diodes in series with your load.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
hat size Capacitor and resistor will work best in my 3 volt circuit, that draws 1.5volts. I would like to keep constant loan voltage of 1.5volts under a load, from 3 volt batteries.
What is the load? Can you clarify what you mean by the circuit draws 1.5V?

A schematic would be helpful.

ItalianMikrNC

Joined Dec 30, 2019
What is the load? Can you clarify what you mean by the circuit draws 1.5V?

A schematic would be helpful.
Thanks for the help, I am really not good with circuits etc, I am just messing around with a circuit trying to make a flashlight work with a 3volt battery and a module board..

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I am just messing around with a circuit trying to make a flashlight work with a 3volt battery and a module board..
What type of bulb does the flashlight have (LED or incandescent)? Why do you want to regulate the 1.5V tightly? Flashlights are designed to operate over a range of voltages to allow for fresh/weak batteries. What is the battery type/chemistry?

Why do you think you need a capacitor?