Can't transfer files from old camera watch, lost the infrared dongle

hmunster123

Joined Aug 5, 2020
I have a Casio 2200 camera watch. I lost the infrared dongle that help me get the photos into the computer. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

Lori

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Probably, but with such limited information, a correct answer is not likely.

You don’t have the dongle nor technical specs for it. Additionally, you didn’t tell us what software is being used. If it’s from Casio, it’s likely proprietary and how it uses a dongle will be buried in the code.

I didn’t answer originally for these reasons. But someone else my have an answer.

Good luck.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Your best bet is to either contact Casio or find a forum or email list for the watch and or the software.

hmunster123

Joined Aug 5, 2020
I found my software for it I just don't have the pc link infrared dongle that went with it. I looked on ebay but no one is selling just the dongle.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I found my software for it I just don't have the pc link infrared dongle that went with it. I looked on ebay but no one is selling just the dongle.
Then as I said, if it’s proprietary software (which it is), there is practically no way to determine how the dongle is used.

And hence, no way to get a replacement.

Perhaps you could find an identical watch with the dongle on an auction site for a reasonable amount?

@WBahn’s suggestion is an excellent one

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
You don't say if the dongle plugs into the camera or the PC. If the infra red interface is part of the camera and the dongle plugs into the PC it MAY be just providing a standard infra red interface on the PC.

Les.

ronsimpson

Joined Oct 7, 2019
I thought I might find a "PC link for Casio 2200 camera watch " on ebay.com but did not see one. I think they might come up some time.