Can't easily log in

KeepItSimpleStupid

Joined Mar 4, 2014
There;s a LOG in/ Join box on the top right on an non-logged in page.
Beneath that there is a magnifying glass.

On a normal page the (user panel: inbox, alert etc) options are right below the "caracature"

So, when not logged in, you have to move the mouse quickly to get to the login screen. If you move slowly all bets are off.

The LOG-in options should appear just below the orange title bar.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
What is the width of your screen? When Firefox (42) is stretched full screen does the same issue occur?
Could you also try viewing in Private Browsing mode (just to make sure you aren't using an old CSS file)

Thanks

Joined Nov 30, 2010
So, when not logged in, you have to move the mouse quickly to get to the login screen. If you move slowly all bets are off.
I had that little annoyance...and it magically disappeared some weeks ago. Vista, Firefox
I assumed somebody fixed it because I don't see it any more.
I guess I was wrong.:confused:

KeepItSimpleStupid

Joined Mar 4, 2014
I saw it dissapear too. It's the orange theme. Tried with private window and the behavior is the same.

I found the key. It happens at a particular screen width. It does not happen at full and half screen. When I have about 1 to 1.5" of screen available, the problem is there.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
ps, this site had some difficulty recognizing my log-in 2 days ago. As usual, it was fixed in less than an hour. This is the sort of thing I don't usually post because I assume temporary glitches are a normal part of maintaining a website.

KeepItSimpleStupid

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Here's the pictures you asked for:

At 100%, this is the normal log in, No gap between orange bar and "Log in"

upload_2015-12-24_11-23-3.png

When the browser is about 75%

upload_2015-12-24_11-23-3.png

When the browser window is about 75% the screen width, the magnifying glass appears between

upload_2015-12-24_11-28-10.png

Sorry about the lousy pics. I used th NIMBUS Firefox add in to take them. It's also hard to take a non-static webpage. i.e. at a mouse click.
That was my major issue.