Can you help me wire a Temperature Controller

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Help with wiring a temp controller.

This thread was originally to wire a Temp Controller into my four wheel drive, but I have been informed that is not allowed on this Forum. I apologise to the Moderator and the Forum. I should have read the rules closer. However, I still need help and info to wire a controller into my Shed solar panel setup.

I have bought a Sestos DIS-2R-24 temperature controller off Ebay. I was told it was simple to wire in but I am having a lot of trouble. I can get the display to light up but that is about all. It is a 12v - 24v controller and I am fitting it (trying to) into my Solar Panel setup. . I want to monitor the temp of my 12v batteries. I have an address from the manufacturer that shows all the info that you guys might need. I will put the address here as I am not sure if the image will show up.

http://www.sestos-hk.com/english/download/d1s-en.pdf

On the bottom left hand side of the PDF document is the schematic for the DIS-2R. That’s the one. If you could tell me where the 12v buzzer connects. Where the power (- and +) connect and where the sensor connects then that would be great. The diagram has numbered connectors. I am pretty sure 10 is positive and 9 is negative input from the 12v battery supply.

Also, on the right upper side of the document is the 'Settings and function description'. This has me totally bamboozled as i just don't know the language that you guys use. I know the Sn (input sensor) is set to '0' because it is a K type sensor I bought.

Please treat me like an idiot because I am!! I hope you guys have the time to help me and I appreciate any help you give me.Thank you and have a beaut day - Gerry (wedgetail)

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Power on 9 & 10, the polarity does not matter as it can accept AC.
Sensor between 3 & 4 with a link between 4 & 5.
The relay output is 7 & 8 so, apply 12v to 7, connect 8 to one side of the buzzer, and to the other side of the buzzer connect 0V (terminal 7 or 8, whichever on you chose to be 0V).

This is for the right-hand drawing DIS-2R (not left)

Last edited:

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Thank you Blocco,

Power connections connected to 9 and 10, Sensor connections are connected to 3 and 4 with a wire loop between 4 and 5. These are done.

I am having trouble understanding. this bit ................. The relay output is 7 & 8 so, apply 12v to 7, connect 8 to one side of the buzzer, and to the other side of the buzzer connect 0V (terminal 7 or 8, whichever on you chose to be 0V). Thank you - Gerry

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
7 & 8 are effectively just a switch according to the D1S-2R diagram (D1S-VR is differerent). Connect +12V to 7 and whenever the relay closes there will be +12V on 8, so if you connect the buzzer between 8 and 0V/chassis/ battery negative (whatever you want to call it) the buzzer will sound when the relay closes.

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
:):)Thank you again Blocco, I just tried again and there is just not enough light to see what I am doing. Just got dark on me. Will resume in the morning. Have a good night mate. Its quite dull in my shed;);)

blocco a spirale

Joined Jun 18, 2008
Looking at it again, I think that you should use the AL1 relay (11 & 12) to control the buzzer as I think this can be configured as an over-temperature/ alarm output. The output relay 6,7,8 is for controlling a load i.e. a heating or cooling device.

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
What is the shed solar panel used for(car?) ?
Hi Scott, no the shed solar panels are used to have 'free' (minus the expense of setting up) electricity to my 3 sheds. It is a hobby. Want a pic of my setup? It is home made and not up to the standards that you guys might do but it is 12v, it works and it pleases me very much. Once I learn how these controllers work i can use in any application I choose. I am grateful for any help I can get to suss this out. I have a 2500w-5000w inverter which has internal cooling fans and I have installed a 12v external fan from a computer. This can be used to 'kick into gear' if the units gets too hot in my tin shed using a controller assuming I get to find out how to wire up the controller. My knowledge of 12v electricity is good enough for basic circuits, but when it comes to controllers I lack the know how. Thats what this is about Scott. have a beaut day Scott

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hi Scott, no the shed solar panels are used to have 'free' (minus the expense of setting up) electricity to my 3 sheds. It is a hobby. Want a pic of my setup? It is home made and not up to the standards that you guys might do but it is 12v, it works and it pleases me very much. Once I learn how these controllers work i can use in any application I choose. I am grateful for any help I can get to suss this out. I have a 2500w-5000w inverter which has internal cooling fans and I have installed a 12v external fan from a computer. This can be used to 'kick into gear' if the units gets too hot in my tin shed using a controller assuming I get to find out how to wire up the controller. My knowledge of 12v electricity is good enough for basic circuits, but when it comes to controllers I lack the know how. Thats what this is about Scott. have a beaut day Scott
Your attach files didn't upload success, could you upload again?

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Hi Scott, I did not upload any pics. I said "do you want pics?" If you want pics I will go get my mobile phone from in the house and take pics. Hang on a few minutes mate and I will organise it. ok ? - Gerry

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
Looking at it again, I think that you should use the AL1 relay (11 & 12) to control the buzzer as I think this can be configured as an over-temperature/ alarm output. The output relay 6,7,8 is for controlling a load i.e. a heating or cooling device.
No worries Blocco, the other way you told me didnt seem to work. I will try this other way in the morning. Thanks mate

wedgetail

Joined Oct 17, 2013
7 & 8 are effectively just a switch according to the D1S-2R diagram (D1S-VR is differerent). Connect +12V to 7 and whenever the relay closes there will be +12V on 8, so if you connect the buzzer between 8 and 0V/chassis/ battery negative (whatever you want to call it) the buzzer will sound when the relay closes.
:):)I have tried all the options Blocco. The unit must be defective. It just will not work correctly. Time to turf it in the bin. I have just bought another from Ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301639982229?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This one is simple and should do the job. Thank you very much for your help. Have a good day mate. See ya - Gerry (travelozexplore);)