Can you help me identify components on a PCB?

trustno1

Joined Sep 18, 2015
I have an LG E2251 monitor that keeps restarting when I turn it on. Problem started 3 days ago and I immediately stopped using it. I opened up the monitor and ran some tests to see what is going on. Components marked with red boxes in the picture below are making squeamish noises when the monitor is on. So I suspect those needs to be replaced along with nearby capacitors. However I can't identify what those components are. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

20150918_215352.jpg

MrSoftware

Joined Oct 29, 2013
Non-expert opinion here: before you go replacing the inductors, check the capacitors carefully, especially those in the power supply. Capacitors are a very common component to fail. Bulging or leaking is a dead giveaway. If you've got access to an ESR meter then that might also help you determine if any are bad.

If a capacitor is bad, the power might not be clean, and that might contribute to the noise coming from the inductors.

For replacement parts, check out Mouser, Digikey, etc..

analogdude

Joined Jul 14, 2015
I have an LG E2251 monitor that keeps restarting when I turn it on. Problem started 3 days ago and I immediately stopped using it. I opened up the monitor and ran some tests to see what is going on. Components marked with red boxes in the picture below are making squeamish noises when the monitor is on. So I suspect those needs to be replaced along with nearby capacitors. However I can't identify what those components are. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

View attachment 91751
I also doubt the inductors are faulty. They rarely fail. They can make audible noise if there is excessive AC or DC current.
Capacitors possibly, or a fault in the converter or load.

trustno1

Joined Sep 18, 2015
Thank you all for helping me identify the components. Once I recieve them, I'll replace the parts and let you know if its working or not :) Thank you people!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Non-expert opinion here: before you go replacing the inductors, check the capacitors carefully, especially those in the power supply. Capacitors are a very common component to fail. Bulging or leaking is a dead giveaway. If you've got access to an ESR meter then that might also help you determine if any are bad.

If a capacitor is bad, the power might not be clean, and that might contribute to the noise coming from the inductors.

For replacement parts, check out Mouser, Digikey, etc..
Before I got an ESR meter, I often found dud electrolytics by temperature - they often run hot when starting to fail.