Can someone help me with my microphone schematic please

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
The picture in post #10 has, at the top, C & R #s on it or was that just an example?

Since I was getting nothing but blurry pictures from my wife's camera, I had to get one off of the mod site.

As far as the C & R #'s, one of our senior members (eblc1388) graciously spent some time labeling them for me a few days ago.

So I finally took two half-decent pics for you guys: One is taken outside on my deck looking straight down at the board. The other is with a small flash light aimed up illuminating the whole board so you can see everything.

I ordered R1 and R2 from mouser and they just arrived. Here's the link for verification.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Ohmite/MOX-200001007JE/?qs=lk7NfA15ZfbBPahv2bUUPg==

The FET is on backorder, and I hope that it's the correct P/N because the mod's P/N is asking for (2SK170BL) and the the one I ordered is:
2SK170BLF (with the addition of the "F" at the end.)

Hopefully I ordered the correct one.

Here's the link to the JFET if you want to check that out.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Toshiba/2SK170BLF/?qs=xiNPFU0yZ88XaT2JO/hiSA==

Oh and I found a Russian schematic for you too. It's a little different.
The FET will be fine.

Any reason you didn't just order all the parts at once?

jonslaten

Joined Sep 8, 2010
I didn't order all the parts right away cause I wanted to know where they went first and it forced me to learn more about my microphone.

elbc1388, you're the man! Thanks a ton for the help! Now that's my kind of schematic . . . a picture that's labeled! I guessed a couple of them correctly, so I'm not full retarted.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
I didn't order all the parts right away cause I wanted to know where they went first and it forced me to learn more about my microphone.

elbc1388, you're the man! Thanks a ton for the help! Now that's my kind of schematic . . . a picture that's labeled! I guessed a couple of them correctly, so I'm not full retarted.
Doesn't look like you're supposed to change the FET unless you change the accompanying resistors at the same time.

jonslaten

Joined Sep 8, 2010
Yes, I plan to change them all at the same time.

Marshall, if you are going to throw out your recommendations about the things I should do, please at the least do me a favor and give me your reasons why you feel it's important to do that so. I want learn something from all of this. But random quotes of, "That should work. Or, did you order those parts together?" That stuff doesn't help me out one bit. I apologize for sounding like I have an attitude, but I joined this forum to learn something about how boards work, their components, and how everything ties together, that's all. I've been a helicopter mechanic for 18 years and am employed by the DOD, and knowing only things from the "maintenance side of things." The electrical aspect of, "how the helicopter works," intrigues me. On the other hand, I can also set up a compressor and record your voice, guitar, or anything else you are willing to throw at me and make you sound clear and intelligible. Sounds simple I know, but so is this topic . . .

If you read my initial post, I stated that I know nothing about this whole entire topic of circuit board schematics and really want to learn more.

Thanks again to the nice lad "eblc1388" from the UK who gave me some damn nice pictures! Hey, I've been to Shannon Ireland twice, on military trips to the middle east, but I want to visit Cambridge in the worst way. It's a long story, but it stems from the lineage of Pink Floyd. Where do you live?

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
I've been to Shannon Ireland twice, on military trips to the middle east, but I want to visit Cambridge in the worst way. It's a long story, but it stems from the lineage of Pink Floyd. Where do you live?
I live in the south near Brighton.

Yes Cambridge is a nice place to visit and I been there several times before. My fond memory is a look at the actual manuscripts and notes written by Issac Newton himself.

I've seen pictures about them before in books but seeing the real thing gives a feeling that is most difficult to describe.

Last edited:

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Yes, I plan to change them all at the same time.

Marshall, if you are going to throw out your recommendations about the things I should do, please at the least do me a favor and give me your reasons why you feel it's important to do that so. I want learn something from all of this. But random quotes of, "That should work. Or, did you order those parts together?" That stuff doesn't help me out one bit. I apologize for sounding like I have an attitude, but I joined this forum to learn something about how boards work, their components, and how everything ties together, that's all. I've been a helicopter mechanic for 18 years and am employed by the DOD, and knowing only things from the "maintenance side of things." The electrical aspect of, "how the helicopter works," intrigues me. On the other hand, I can also set up a compressor and record your voice, guitar, or anything else you are willing to throw at me and make you sound clear and intelligible. Sounds simple I know, but so is this topic . . .

If you read my initial post, I stated that I know nothing about this whole entire topic of circuit board schematics and really want to learn more.

Thanks again to the nice lad "eblc1388" from the UK who gave me some damn nice pictures! Hey, I've been to Shannon Ireland twice, on military trips to the middle east, but I want to visit Cambridge in the worst way. It's a long story, but it stems from the lineage of Pink Floyd. Where do you live?
I just assumed, and wrongly, that you were going to make all the changes at the same time.

The new FET may require different biasing or current requirements from the original, likewise changing some caps and not others could create an imbalance that could result in feedback or actual degradation from the original response. Whoever came up with the value changes did so with a fair amount of experimentation, knowing why he found reason to change those particular components or how he decided on the best values came from his experimentation.

Why do they work better? I could probably make a dozen guesses but only one or a combination of some of them would be the correct answers.