Can Not upload a file

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I tried to upload a jpg in the chat section. I clicked the "upload a file" nothing happened. I also clicked on "More Options" and the "Upload a File" still did not work. Am I doing something wrong?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm a moderator, and can not upload a file. I don't think it is a rights issue either. This is a fresh boot, Firefox and Win7.

Lets see if I can upload to the albums.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, found it. I had to disable "Real Downloader" on my browser. I had uploaded Real Player to play audio files I recorded on my phone. An issue worth noting.

To Lestraveled, what is your browser and OS? You may need to start turning off plugins to see what works.

Edit: Firefox asked if I wanted to run "adobe flash", I said yes, this session only. Son of a gun if the upload feature didn't die again.

Last edited:

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Windows 7, Firefox,
plugins - Adobe, office 2010, quick time, shockwave, VLC (video viewer)
Extensions - Internet download Manager, Modern Download Manager (for Firefox)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Adobe flash is a potential culprit, My suggestion is to go to tools and start turning things off, and see what works. Real Player is probably my issue, which I consider solved.

You can always turn services back on when you need them. Meanwhile Jrap will be reading these posts with interest, I'm sure.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I just turned my Shockwave Flash off, refreshed the page, Upload seemed to work. I turned Shockwave Flash back on and refreshed the page and got a dialog box asking to allow Shockwave flash to operate with this page. I clicked "allow". It appears to work.

Update: I posted a schematic in the chat section. I got the dialog box asking to allow SW flash, I clicked allow. Then I got another dialog box asking to "Remember to allow SW flash". I clicked yes and upload does not work any more.

Last edited:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Something very strange,my system is xp sp3, chrome.

When I uploaded the files, some files can be upload, but some files don't.
Elf poop.jpg -- file size=43.351 kb, 403 x 403, from Lestraveled.
3V3Vto4V5Vgs_74HC02-01_ScottWang.gif -- file size=8.625 kb, 357 x 389, my circuit.
ScottWang.jpg -- my avatar, file size=7.658 kb, 96 x 96, it can't upload.
ScottWang.gif -- my avatar, file size=7.658 kb, 96 x 96 , upload ok.

Why this file ScottWang.jpg, file size=7.658 kb, 96 x 96, it can't upload?
(The error was shown on #2)

Elf poop.jpg
3V3Vto4V5Vgs_74HC02-01_ScottWang.gif
ScottWang.gif

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Something has changed on my setup, the flash player was working along with the Upload a File, but not anymore. I suspect an "upgrade".

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Something has changed on my setup, the flash player was working along with the Upload a File, but not anymore. I suspect an "upgrade".
I also can't upload your avator, it's a jpg file, the web system responded the file doesn't match the file extension, but why the other jpg can upload, but some didn't, when my avator used jpg can't upload and I converted to gif then it's ok?