Can I use LTspice the follow examples on the text-book

Yaşar Arabacı

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

I was wondering if I can use LTSpice software to replicate the spice analysis examples found on the online text book. Problem I am having is that LTSpice is GUI based while examples on the textbook are text-based. Is there a way I can enter netlist directly into LTSpice?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I would just replicate the schematics. That will be easier than debugging differences in text netlists. LTSpice is richer in many respects than the original text based spice engines. If you succeed in this you can make an important contribution to AAC.

Yaşar Arabacı

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Hi,

I was trying to do just that for last couple of hours with some success. I was able to replicate basic series and parallel circuit analysis with LTSpice. I will move to some time based analysis now.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
Hi,

I was wondering if I can use LTSpice software to replicate the spice analysis examples found on the online text book. Problem I am having is that LTSpice is GUI based while examples on the textbook are text-based. Is there a way I can enter netlist directly into LTSpice?
Yes you can.
You can execute them from the command line or you can copy and paste the net list onto a schematic page in the gui and run analysis. You won't have a schematic diagram but you can view waveforms and select signals to view from the net list viewer.

eT

Yaşar Arabacı

Joined Nov 11, 2014
Yes you can.
You can execute them from the command line or you can copy and paste the net list onto a schematic page in the gui and run analysis. You won't have a schematic diagram but you can view waveforms and select signals to view from the net list viewer.

eT
Hi,

Can you give more details about how can I do those things? I am pretty new to LTspice, just installed it today.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I also recommend entering the schematics into LTspice and do the simulations from that. It's then much easier to look at the various node voltages and currents after doing the simulation.

If instead you want to directly enter the netlist from the examples, click on the Edit tab / Spice Directive. Then enter the netlist in the Edit Text on the Schematic window. After that you can run it from the Simulate tab.