Can I use five 1W resistors instead of one 5W resistor?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Oops! I've just reaslised, by reading through the comments, how old this thread is. It was right near the top of the list, so I thought it was recent. I didn't get the pink box because the more recent comments are - well - recent. Might it be an idea if the pink box appeared, based not on the most recent post, but on the date of the opening post?
No, because there are numerous on-going threads that are years old and yet still quite active. Also, it is not unheard of for a dormant thread to be brought back to active life legitimately. It's not an easy problem to solve with automated tools.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
What "language and associated confirmation check-box"? He didn't get one, because the thread had not yet been dormant for a year.

I'm talking about the one that should show up after 6-months (possibly 3-months) because 12-months is way too long.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I'm talking about the one that should show up after 6-months (possibly 3-months) because 12-months is way too long.
There ISN'T one that should show up after 6-months (or 3-months). It shows up after 12 months, regardless of whether you think it is way too long or not. What purposes does it do to ask a poster whether or not they understand a message that they didn't see because no such message was given to them, just because you don't like the time limit?

Can you not simply admit that, like the person that necroposted, that you didn't pay close enough attention to how old the thread really was before you posted? Or is that just not even a possibility?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The ORIGINAL post commented on the cost of 5 W resistors. Someone posted (albeit a long time ago) "Here's one for 59¢". So MY comment (not a hijacking) was "So what's the cost of shipping" was intended to bring to light that sometimes something that is dirt cheap has its associated cost made up by charging $35.00 for shipping.

No, I don't care about the cost and wasn't hijacking the post.

GEEZ! See what I started by being innocently mistaken assuming it was a current post ? ! ? ! ? ! By now the OP must have figured out the solution to his problem. At least I hope he has. As for the rest of the bickering - HEY! Didn't mean to kick a hornets nest.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
There ISN'T one that should show up after 6-months (or 3-months). It shows up after 12 months, regardless of whether you think it is way too long or not. What purposes does it do to ask a poster whether or not they understand a message that they didn't see because no such message was given to them, just because you don't like the time limit?

Can you not simply admit that, like the person that necroposted, that you didn't pay close enough attention to how old the thread really was before you posted? Or is that just not even a possibility?
I disagree.