Can i remote control a diesel engine?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Franco,

You can use PICAXE microcontrollers which have a lower performance then normal PICs but they can be programmed by a flowchart diagram.

Franco_oz

Joined Jan 12, 2009
Mik, thanks about Picaxe, I am actually more keen on learning more about pic.
Eblc, your comments and advices are as usual spot on like Miks! As per pic development, I found (suggested by the shop owner) a Warp13 which i was told is a very good pic programmer? I didn't buy it yet but as i said the owner suggested to buy it as it is a very good one and does not cost a lot. I spent the last two days playing with the examples on Ldmicro to understand the concept and i worked out that on ladder programming you just use relays (and associated contacts) to build the logic you need. I am planning to do different small circuits to get the hang of it and you guessed.... made two blinking led and a very simple bcd counter to interface to a 7seg display! I will download them to the pic as soon as i buy the hardware and get familiar with the whole system. As a note, I always kept distances from micros due to my convinced unability to write proper code. I can play on VB6 and do what i want but always found scary to jump on coding for micros as i find difficult to "convert" what i want into organized code. I struggle to put in reality what i want the micro to do. Maybe i take the wrong approch to the problem? On the other hand using Ldmicro i can clearly understand what to do to get the result i want. I will post the progress in here and as usual any comment or criticism will be appreciated. If everything else fails at least i tried and so far i have a genset controlled thanks to Mik's design and thanks to his advices (and yours) i been able to learn more.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
As per pic development, I found (suggested by the shop owner) a Warp13 which i was told is a very good pic programmer? I didn't buy it yet but as i said the owner suggested to buy it as it is a very good one and does not cost a lot.
I have nothing against Warp13, but before you commit to buy, you need to check:

1. the connection between programmer and PC, they can be serial, parallel or USB. With most modern PC, some type of ports has been phased out and the programmer will be useless then.

2. new chip support. Every chip needs some special handling and this must be included or updated/added to the PC user software on subsequent updates before the programmer can actually program that chip. A programmer from the chip producer would be the most compatible and gives the longest service life.

3. price

4. if external power is needed

5. extra function of the programmer, if any, like debugging your code while the PIC is running in the target PCB. Or can it double up as a logic analyser, albeit with a few channels.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Franco,

You can find cheap programmers in ebay but have in mind what Eblc mentioned. Also, check that the programmer is compatible with the PIC chips you are going to use.

fossil

Joined Feb 16, 2017
Hello mik3 I want to start a diesel engine with a PLC I plan to use a crouzet millenium 3. The engine is a diesel engine kuboto. I saw that you put a picture of a program crouzet plc. it is possible to obtain the program in order to put it on the PLC and testing. and do you know els a have to needed for electricity relais.

sorry for my bad english.:);):(o_O

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You've replied to a thread that died more than eight years ago asking for something from a member that hasn't been seen in nearly three years. I would not hold my breath waiting for a response (but stranger things have happened).