Can any frequency expert please explain this mess ?

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
This is a silent room inside my home. 21000hz I'm seeing. And a few constants but. This undeniably is showing something beyond my knowledge I am no expert by no means. But I do have some knowledge. I get the concept of low frequency and high frequency, looking for the flat but idk. and such But ... idk idk. Im trying to figure out what all is going on in these particular segments. Any dumbed down help would be greatly appreciated. I mean you have no idea.

Attachments

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
My first question would be, is it real? Your observation could be some sort of artifact of your measurement system. (It would help others answer your questions if you diagrammed your system.)

Can you get expected (low, flat) results in another room, or even outdoors?

If it's real, it might be the whine of a power supply, a fluorescent light or something like that. Try turning off everything possible. Use battery power if you can. Be aware that you're seeing a very low sound level.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
A possibility is that your sampling frequency is 44.1kHz and what you are seeing is the peaking of the anti-aliasing filter at 22kHz. That's just my guess.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
2 ppl hear this loud frequency noise me and one other, one does not. I have great hearing. So does the rest. I have redone all the electrical in my home from the meter, all the panels, sub and generator. Replaced the smart meter with regular meter both gad and elec. Elec at the meter 122v 133v even on all four. I can shut the whole house down and still hear it with nothing drawing current. Have rolled out gas for my tank and furnace are perfect. Meter perfect. Excecpt who knows with main pipe transport & pressure creating vibration and harmonics with the pipes and ducts but.. I've pretty much edited ruled every thing out except satilite. Satilite on ka band would be right around what 11ghz to 17 or so. This horrid sound has timing. 6am noon ish 6pm is midnight ish. The problem is it also get louder before some minutes and during the furnace run. Compasitor I thought but no because its always in the back ground but never as loud except those moments but last few days its to the point it will litterally hurt . I dont have tinnitus so no . And no . Its most def an either low frequency hum, or possibly high end of the spectrum. The kicker is I can get it with audio and faint white noise. I know no company will ever admit to dirty electricity and noise pollution bit im tryin to track down exactly what frequency to the problem to eliminate it out of my life.

2 ppl hear this loud frequency noise me and one other, one does not. I have great hearing. So does the rest. I have redone all the electrical in my home from the meter, all the panels, sub and generator. Replaced the smart meter with regular meter both gad and elec. Elec at the meter 122v 133v even on all four. I can shut the whole house down and still hear it with nothing drawing current. Have rolled out gas for my tank and furnace are perfect. Meter perfect. Excecpt who knows with main pipe transport & pressure creating vibration and harmonics with the pipes and ducts but.. I've pretty much edited ruled every thing out except satilite. Satilite on ka band would be right around what 11ghz to 17 or so. This horrid sound has timing. 6am noon ish 6pm is midnight ish. The problem is it also get louder before some minutes and during the furnace run. Compasitor I thought but no because its always in the back ground but never as loud except those moments but last few days its to the point it will litterally hurt . I dont have tinnitus so no . And no . Its most def an either low frequency hum, or possibly high end of the spectrum. The kicker is I can get it with audio and faint white noise. I know no company will ever admit to dirty electricity and noise pollution bit im tryin to track down exactly what frequency to the problem to eliminate it out of my life.
I am a journeyman welder and Journeyman Hvac and I am at the end of my educational knowlage

I am a journeyman welder and Journeyman Hvac and I am at the end of my educational knowlage
Almost sounds like compasitor charge up . But it is not. Furnace is brand new and I checked that already. Dirty noise is ungodly

Almost sounds like compasitor charge up . But it is not. Furnace is brand new and I checked that already. Dirty noise is ungodly
Can hear it at the house but no where else. Also leaning at security system.

Can hear it at the house but no where else. Also leaning at security system.
I'm sure the situation at the 2nd capital right now doesn't really help the radiowave spectrum at the moment either so I feel compelled to leave some error room in regards to the situation.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
2 ppl hear this loud frequency noise me and one other, one does not. I have great hearing. So does the rest.
I very seriously doubt that you're being troubled by noise at 21kHz, great hearing or not. It's just too high in frequency. Your frequency scan shows sub-audible levels, if it's accurate.

I think you best tool at this point is your own hearing. It might be worth cutting the main electrical off for a minute to see if that kills the noise.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
I have cut the mains. Still there.
I very seriously doubt that you're being troubled by noise at 21kHz, great hearing or not. It's just too high in frequency. Your frequency scan shows sub-audible levels, if it's accurate.

I think you best tool at this point is your own hearing. It might be worth cutting the main electrical off for a minute to see if that kills the noise.
I have done the mains many times. Only thing I can think of would be possibly the satilite lead running parallel with power a few power leads jumping. Or the satilite feed its self. Some people more sensitive than others in regards to frequency. I could get into debate about quantum mechanics, frequency and brain waves but... im narrowing it down to frequency. Idk.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

I have done the mains many times. Only thing I can think of would be possibly the satilite lead running parallel with power a few power leads jumping. Or the satilite feed its self. Some people more sensitive than others in regards to frequency. I could get into debate about quantum mechanics, frequency and brain waves but... im narrowing it down to frequency. Idk.
I suspect you're translating a measurement artifact at the 20+kHz peak to a much lower audio frequency you are 'hearing'. Use a cellphone app to generate an audio tone that matches what you hear. That's the frequency, Kenneth.

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The security system probably has a battery backup. I think that is where the 21kHz is made.
I heard ultrasonics in my teens. I complained about why is a burglar alarm turned on during daytime and they said, "Because nobody can hear it", but I heard it. I also heard a 19kHz FM stereo pilot tone and the 15kHz from almost all old TVs.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
There is no answer for the TS questions since we are not sitting next to him and cannot observe the surroundings. The behavior of things in the noise floor is neither simple nor obvious. It is generally much ado about nothing.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019

I've checked for ground loops the whole 9 yards. Frequency. I can cup my ear when its loud and I hear white noise like low am frequency. It has timing. If it was anything with the house it would be consistently consistent. Current does flow from the main unless its drawn neither does gas. If the main is off current stops there . Gas flow into the house is like wise the same concept of electricity. V=force current=flow watts= power. Big pipe to little pipe resistance. ... pressure at the main is perfect. Idk
How old are you?
Mid thirties im not nuts or have tinnitus or losing hearing. This frequency has litterally timing to it perfect you might say.

The security system probably has a battery backup. I think that is where the 21kHz is made.
I heard ultrasonics in my teens. I complained about why is a burglar alarm turned on during daytime and they said, "Because nobody can hear it", but I heard it. I also heard a 19kHz FM stereo pilot tone and the 15kHz from almost all old TVs.
Yes exactly. High pitched but I've already done phone audio pick up. When I replay it back on my lap top its like white noise and I swear I hear faint radio. Like it makes my eyes vision skew. The other day it was bad I litterally seen the letters of my keyboard looked like they were sliding. And was changing color. Litterally every time I hear this noise my cell phone freezes up. Data won't transfer. And delays in ecu. Some times I swear I can taste it in my mouth. I used to think it was vibration hum from the gas mains to the pipes but no . It will litterally make me sick some times to. Its started like beginning of Nov.. and I'm not the only one that hears in in the house and out side the house and not other places. And no no battery back up for alarm system. 12v dc plug. Regardless of system being turned off just like satilite though your still receiving service signal regardless of the system. And thats really where I'm leaning because I have ruled out almost every thing I can think of except the natural earth and radio wave. Its so bad some times. Sound like old radio high pitched dial turning. To me sounds like compassitor charge up or oldskool internet tone over the phone line. Kicker is. I dont have home phone service and yet there is static on the line. And zero when I disconnect it from the house. . Play back audio sounds like white noise almost. Id put it all up I got loads but size restrictions here won't allow.p

I've checked for ground loops the whole 9 yards. Frequency. I can cup my ear when its loud and I hear white noise like low am frequency. It has timing. If it was anything with the house it would be consistently consistent. Current does flow from the main unless its drawn neither does gas. If the main is off current stops there . Gas flow into the house is like wise the same concept of electricity. V=force current=flow watts= power. Big pipe to little pipe resistance. ... pressure at the main is perfect. Idk

Mid thirties im not nuts or have tinnitus or losing hearing. This frequency has litterally timing to it perfect you might say.
High pitched but I've already done phone audio pick up. When I replay it back on my lap top its like white noise and I swear I hear faint radio. Like it makes my eyes vision skew. The other day it was bad I litterally seen the letters of my keyboard looked like they were sliding. And was changing color. Litterally every time I hear this noise my cell phone freezes up. Data won't transfer. And delays in ecu. Some times I swear I can taste it in my mouth. I used to think it was vibration hum from the gas mains to the pipes but no . It will litterally make me sick some times to. Its started like beginning of Nov.. and I'm not the only one that hears in in the house and out side the house and not other places. And no no battery back up for alarm system. 12v dc plug. Regardless of system being turned off just like satilite though your still receiving service signal regardless of the system. And thats really where I'm leaning because I have ruled out almost every thing I can think of except the natural earth and radio wave. Its so bad some times. Sound like old radio high pitched dial turning. To me sounds like compassitor charge up or oldskool internet tone over the phone line. Kicker is. I dont have home phone service and yet there is static on the line. And zero when I disconnect it from the house. . Play back audio sounds like white noise almost. Id put it all up I got loads but size restrictions here won't allow.p

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006

I don't think anybody has jumped to any conclusions about what you are observing except that it is real and the cause has not been determined. The answer will not likely be found by speculation from afar. If I were in your place I would seek out a local amateur radio club. One of those members might have the technical skills and the equipment to run down the problem. It might be a neighbor with an as yet unidentified piece of equipment. You need to approach this in a systematic and disciplined way. Nature is mechanistic, there is no such thing as magic.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
There is no answer for the TS questions since we are not sitting next to him and cannot observe the surroundings. The behavior of things in the noise floor is neither simple nor obvious. It is generally much ado about nothing.
Its not in the floor its in the air. Almost like dirty wave.
High pitched but I've already done phone audio pick up. When I replay it back on my lap top its like white noise and I swear I hear faint radio. Like it makes my eyes vision skew. The other day it was bad I litterally seen the letters of my keyboard looked like they were sliding. And was changing color. Litterally every time I hear this noise my cell phone freezes up. Data won't transfer. And delays in ecu. Some times I swear I can taste it in my mouth. I used to think it was vibration hum from the gas mains to the pipes but no . It will litterally make me sick some times to. Its started like beginning of Nov.. and I'm not the only one that hears in in the house and out side the house and not other places. And no no battery back up for alarm system. 12v dc plug. Regardless of system being turned off just like satilite though your still receiving service signal regardless of the system. And thats really where I'm leaning because I have ruled out almost every thing I can think of except the natural earth and radio wave. Its so bad some times. Sound like old radio high pitched dial turning. To me sounds like compassitor charge up or oldskool internet tone over the phone line. Kicker is. I dont have home phone service and yet there is static on the line. And zero when I disconnect it from the house. . Play back audio sounds like white noise almost. Id put it all up I got loads but size restrictions here won't allow.p

I don't think anybody has jumped to any conclusions about what you are observing except that it is real and the cause has not been determined. The answer will not likely be found by speculation from afar. If I were in your place I would seek out a local amateur radio club. One of those members might have the technical skills and the equipment to run down the problem. It might be a neighbor with an as yet unidentified piece of equipment. You need to approach this in a systematic and disciplined way. Nature is mechanistic, there is no such thing as magic.
Thats what I been doing. I told the old lady need like and IEEE person or someone extremely familiar with an oscilloscope. Its is very much real but it falls in a spectrum of some can hear and some can't. Frequency is everything and I need some one who knows and oscilloscope way better than I do and knows what their reading

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Thats what I been doing. I told the old lady need like and IEEE person or someone extremely familiar with an oscilloscope. Its is very much real but it falls in a spectrum of some can hear and some can't. Frequency is everything and I need some one who knows and oscilloscope way better than I do and knows what their reading
More like a spectrum analyzer with the appropriate input transducer. An oscilloscope is the "wrong" tool.

Ksortzi

Joined May 26, 2019
That's what led me to those thought about the gas mains . Because low frequency base can create harmonics with the pipes and ducts. I am def leaning on the low frequency thats for sure. But its not pipe harmonic. All my stuff is perfect I a journey man Hvac . But yes low frequency I lean to as well. There are some constant low 40 htz with no movement and a few low teens. A 53 and such. 400s and and 3oos. Im well aware of frequency tone and human hearing. And I can place it sometimes in like the 2000s 4000s even higher. Can here it up to 20000 dam near just playing a sliding frequency tone on my phone like they do checking your hearing. So I can hear really low and pretty close of not more the 18000 20000 hz when playing a frequency slide from zero to 20000. Idk. Noise is driving me mad. And the f@#$ is not consistently consistent but it has consistent timing. Radio wave or the earth is about where I'm at. I almost didn't rule out geo storm because that big last one we had was about when this crap started.
I suspect you're translating a measurement artifact at the 20+kHz peak to a much lower audio frequency you are 'hearing'. Use a cellphone app to generate an audio tone that matches what you hear. That's the frequency, Kenneth.
Yes I've also tried to look up any local ham radio operators. I was under the impression a license must be had to use

More like a spectrum analyzer with the appropriate input transducer. An oscilloscope is the "wrong" tool.
This is the best advice so far I've heard. Yes that is great idea. I have one on my phone but I dont know what I'm looking for so looking for some one who does is where I'm in route

The origional photos i posted was from one. These were the settings

The origional photos I posted was from spectrum analyzer and this was the settings those photos were on.

Attachments