can 2 scrs replace a triac


Joined Jan 8, 2017
A variation on bertus's suggestion would be to use an opto triac (Such as an MOC3052M) in place of the small triac. That would give you isolated drive. You could do with giving more context information about the circuit that you plan to use to drive the gates of the SCRs. One common way to do it is to use a pulse transformer with two secondary windings. (One for each SCR.


ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
can 2 SCRs like this

replace a single bidirectional TRIAC for high power applications?
Not if they're reverse conducting types. In which case; your only chance would be series connected.

Enclosing the SCR with a bridge rectifier is another way - but you'd probably need to use a trigger transformer.