camera hook to phone

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018
Hi,
I am watching the youtube:
which taken the camera from old phone and made the Spy Camera, well I wouldn't like to use that words, just small camera, and hooked into an Android phone and view it.
My question are:
Whats the function of the BC547 soldered on? and can hook the camera into a LCD or TFT and how?
Thanks
Adam

pp1.JPG

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The camera is just a tiny USB camera so you can connect it where a USB camera would work. It can't drive a display.

He seems to be using the BC547 as a diode for whatever reason.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I’ve never seen 3-wire USB . Although the camera COULD be a USB camera, it looks more like a camera for an ESP32 and using only one of the 13 pins will not do anything. So, based only on the photo (I didn’t watch the video) I really think the whole video is a scam / trick photography / bait and switch / false representation of what is happening.

Edit: now I watched the video,
- they don’t seem to care which wires are soldered to which pins
- they never show the phones camera while they show the fake camera
- when they show the finger over the fake camera lens, the finger appears to be coming in from the side of the display even when the finger we see is on the bottom of the fake camera

Last edited:

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I’ve never seen 3-wire USB . Although the camera COULD be a USB camera, it looks more like a camera for an ESP32 and using only one of the 13 pins will not do anything. So, based only on the photo (I didn’t watch the video) I really think the whole video is a scam / trick photography / bait and switch / false representation of what is happening.
It's a USB camera, there are four wires. It's just ripped out of a phone and soldered to a USB cable.

LAOADAM

Joined Nov 21, 2018

Edit: now I watched the video,
- they don’t seem to care which wires are soldered to which pins
- they never show the phones camera while they show the fake camera
- when they show the finger over the fake camera lens, the finger appears to be coming in from the side of the display even when the finger we see is on the bottom of the fake camera
Thanks.
They used four wires USB. and they opened the old phone on the video, they may use other camera.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Hi,
I am watching the youtube:
which taken the camera from old phone and made the Spy Camera, well I wouldn't like to use that words, just small camera, and hooked into an Android phone and view it.
My question are:
Whats the function of the BC547 soldered on? and can hook the camera into a LCD or TFT and how?
Thanks
Adam

View attachment 234701
dubious- I know how to connect USB adjuncts to androids. Most people can't connect to Androids via USB. Can't due to a major design flaw by Google-- they tried to make it proprietary- which didn't achieve their goal. In fact, years ago I was in a company that developed and hosted the website for the Canadian government hooked up with Berkley for companies to apply for grants to do this for medical usage- Big companies. In over 2 years of the site up- they got just 11 submissions. That was all.

Last edited:

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Thanks.
I ordered the together stuff, which catch the image and communicate to phone by USB.
My propose is transfer the image to a TFT led, and even by WIFI or Bluetooth.
BTW. is the web cam same as the old phone cam?
Probably not. You’ll have to Read the datasheet of each.