Buzz Game - Steady Hand

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Either BB or similar one will hold all ICs. My ckt. board has the same hole pattern as BB. All external connections come to the ckt. board from the same end so that if necessary, the board can be turned
over. It took a full spool of wire wrap wire just for LEDs.

Byken

Joined May 21, 2018
OK so will order one of each of the BB's you suggested earlier. Will the power from 4AA batteries be enough? Do I need to order some wire wrap wire?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
4 AAs should last about 25 hours or 2000 plays. The biggest power drain is when game is left on " Ready"
with power on.
I find wire wrap. WW, handy if you have a hand stripping- wrapping tool. When connecting to a resistor I use 5 turns and soldered. For LEDs, anode to a + buss bar, cathode direct to resistor, other end to long lead to ckt. board. You will need wire of some kind.

Byken

Joined May 21, 2018
I was planning on following the diagram that you and Ee tech developed for me... Do the LED's not just connect into the breadboard?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Wire is bent, epoxy is curing in probe. All functions seem to be working. I can only make it to about 2/3 of travel
before timing out or striking out. The clock on bonus takes about 3 sec. / pas, 'think I'll speed it up to 1 sec.
Will try for pictur

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Two still pictures. Fast clock now takes 1 sec. for one pass. Every time that clock reaches the end, the buzzer sounds & LED flashes. Might need to slow the clock and- or make loop larger, but will try some kids first.100_0067.JPG

Attachments

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
100_0069.JPG Steady Hand was demonstrated at a birth day party using 1.25 in. dia. wand & was well received.
A player cannot see the 3 strike LEDs so I have added a circuit to give a chirp for first 2 strikes. As existing buzzer is very weak, I added a 555 oscillator & speaker.
Will keep 30 sec. clock as 3 were able to hit home runs.
Scanner is down so picture for now.

Byken

Joined May 21, 2018
Excellent Bernard, sorry I've not been on for a while scouting has been keeping me incredibly busy.

I'm going to look at ordering the parts list as attached, plus the additions you suggest above to make the game more audible and also a real of wire.

Will print of your diagram and go through the CPC website soon and post a full parts list before ordering :)

Which wire would you get?

http://cpc.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/s...d=69&storeId=10180&gs=true&st=Wire wrap spool

Attachments

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
For wire I would use single twisted pair telephone wire, CW1109R/W, OC: CB15707, .5mm, ( 24 AWG ), solid Cu, PVC insulation, 100 m, L 6.77,( L 8.12 ). Other colors are available besides red & white.
If adding chirp circuit, 1 uF Cs could be changed to 4.7, then 220k would become 47k. new item.
For the OR gate I used 4071 because it was in my grab bag, for new construction would use 74HC32, different pin out. 74HC output about 5 mA, so may not drive your buzzer, so have added a 555 as a buzzer driver.100_0070.JPG

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
On my game , no .1s or .01s were used but if 74HC32 & 555 go to LED board then add a .2 uF across power leads on LED board.