Building A Clip On IR Scope

FederalTarget

Joined Nov 6, 2023
I have a dream of being able to build a clip on ir scope for rifles which to my knowledge Is basically a tv screen infant of your scope a good example of what im talking about is the TigIR-6Z+ unit I have done some reading but have limited knowledge on the topic does anyone have an idea of what type of chip or hardware I would have to base this off of to get the same range and resolution or even better than this unit?

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
You need a scope mount on your riffle. The part that goes on the scope might e purchased as a separate piece. The last time I messes with riffles and scopes was 50 years ago. I suggest you visit some gun sales sites and have a look around.6

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
It's a little more complex than you assumed. Even if you successfully designed the circuit, the optics are a very large challenge. Near infrared (NIR) and Short-Wave Infrared (SWIR) will pass through most glass, though the amount will vary based on the glass and the specific wavelengths within those bands. Mid-Wave Infrared (MWIR) and Long-Wave Infrared (LWIR) are blocked by most glass. You would have to design or acquire special optics for this project.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The US Army uses such devices as do the US MARINES forces. They are far from cheap, In addition,they are far from simple internally.
My advice is a laser-dot projector, boresited ob the hole in a target. Much cheaper and quite rugged. Only a bit more obvious, but deer and bears do not notice.