Building a Bluetooth speaker

chuks ogbu

Joined Jun 20, 2019
Iam planning to build a rich bass speaker, but really want to know If my component can re okay marche each other to give out a powerful sound delivery. I plan to use as follows:
1. 50w × 2 dual channel amplifier( 12v)
2. 50w x 2 full range 4" bass speaker.
Then the challange I am having now is how the amount of lithium battery that can last at least 5-6hours play time. Pls I am patiently need any advice that will help this my project.

jipristt

Joined Jun 4, 2017
Hey, you can build your circuit, test and verify using a power supply.
Then you can measure the power consumption and decide on a proper battery.

Wolframore

Joined Jan 21, 2019
So let's say this system is based on 12V. If you do the power calculation based on 200 watts (total) you are looking at about 16.7 amps. 200 watts for 5-6 hours on lithium batteries... anything is possible but you have a huge power problem on hand. Problem with supplying 16-17 amps and doing this for 5-6 hours... plus the fact that lithium ion batteries are very sensitive to over/under voltage and heat. Then you need to figure out how to balance and charge this supply. It is not a simple project.

chuks ogbu

Joined Jun 20, 2019
I don't really understand what you meant by supplying 16-17 Amp for 5-6hours. Do know 16-17 volts to the amplifier, if that is what you meant, I think step down converter to tone down the voltage to atleast 12.6V will suit the amplifier.