Brook motor rewind

Mr Babu Mistry

Joined May 8, 2018
Hi Sir,
Anyone, who any idea on rewinding a single-phase brook motor.
The Motor specifications are. Single-phase 240 Volts, RPM-2880
1.I need is starting coil winding numbers and wire gauge
2. Running coil winding and gauge.
In short complete wiring preference.
Thanks.
Lofty.

Attachments

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
1.I need is starting coil winding numbers and wire gauge
2. Running coil winding and gauge.
In short complete wiring preference.
You usually take note of those things when stripping a motor for rewinding. Good luck with finding what you need if you didn't follow that. Do you have access to a similar motor, that you could count the turns and measure the wire?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
That appears to be a 2 pole 50Hz motor.
The only thing I could copy for you is the winding sequence chart from the winding 'Bible'.
For Gauge, you are on your own.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Is this a cap-start, cap-run motor where the cap was connected all the time or does it have a centrifugal switch?
Without the original coil data and spacing, you may be flogging a dead horse.
Personally i would not attempt it blind, even with the typical coil spacing etc, most motor vary as to the exact details.
I can copy a few pertinent details.
Max.

Mr Babu Mistry

Joined May 8, 2018
Is this a cap-start, cap-run motor where the cap was connected all the time or does it have a centrifugal switch?
Without the original coil data and spacing, you may be flogging a dead horse.
Personally i would not attempt it blind, even with the typical coil spacing etc, most motor vary as to the exact details.
I can copy a few pertinent details.
Max.
It has a centrifugal switch

Jinno

Joined Aug 4, 2020
Hi Max,

What's the title of that book you get the pages from? i.e. the FourPole.pdf from you.

I'd like to get myself a copy . Thanks

Hi Max :) I have a 1 phase polishing motor with a capacitor. 230V / 50 Hz / 0.45KW Switchable between 1400 and 2800 revolutions per minute. The engine has 24 slots 2 x main windings with 5.9 ohms each 2 x auxiliary windings with 9.0 ohms each Do not find an insulation fault or interruption. The cam selector switch for position 1400/0/2800 is defective. The stator winding doesn't look good. If I briefly connect a main winding to 230V for a test, the motor starts up, but immediately becomes very warm. Could you tell me how the coils were wound here? I want to rewind the motor. Many thanks in advance. greetings

P1050707.JPG

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Appears to need a rewind.
We used to use a cold chisel to shear off the windings on one side of the core, then observe winding layout and count turns etc, punch out the winding's with a steel slot tool, you would need to make a former to wind the new coils on.
If this is a first time, it is not a trivial task.
Max.