Bosch Relay mystery

moshetez

Joined Sep 29, 2023
I was looking through the Bosch automotive relay catalog and I noticed the amperage rating is two figures e.g 20/30A. Initially, I was confused and after a bit of research, all sources I came across seemed to agree that the larger figures corresponds with the NO contact of an SPDT relay. That's makes sense! Now here comes the mystery.
Bosch has amp ratings for different relays with the number switched. For example a current rating of 20/30A does not appear to be the same as 30/20A because when I change this parameter in the search filter, it shows different part numbers under these two ratings. My question is which side of the slash corresponds to NO and NC respectively. My current guess is, the first number is NC and second is NO. It is really hard to find answers as Bosch seems to be terrible at documenting these things.

moshetez

Joined Sep 29, 2023
Are you in N.A.? They have a toll free help line if you need to clarify it.
1 888 715 3616
Otherwise +4971140040990
This was helpful. I spoke to someone and they took my information and said they'd call back from the relay department. Thanks!

I will post the answer here once I get something definitive in case it helps someone else.