Boosting 5v .6mA to control ssr-25dd

Scubasteves

Joined Dec 11, 2015
Hi, so I'm a real novice when it comes to transistors and the like. I apologize in advance for needing very detailed help!

I'm on my last step of building my electric motorcycle. I misread a unit on my multimeter during planning and now I need to figure out how to wire my brake lights. The current circuitry uses a ssr-25dd to control my 48v brakelights. The control side is a loop between brake levers and motor control, but its only 4.82v .6ma when activated. I have a 12v power source available. And the SSR only needs 11.8 ma at 12v

I really don't want to mess this up and possible damagey controller. I know there is a way to use a MOSFET or something to have the 5v control a 12v+ source but I don't know where to begin!

Please help

P.s. I could have sworn during preliminary testing I hooked the controller and brakes to the relay and it powered on. Further reading suggests the coil in a relay can cause back emf so I may have already done damage? Do I need diodes or resistors

I realize I'm asking a lot, (for someone to figure this out for me) but maybe you can appreciate the work I've done thus far. I just want a safe green way to travel! Also ive never done circuit boards just basic circuitry. Check it out :)

Attachments