Bitcoin to lead to global warming

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Besides getting laid when you give the right sized diamond to the right woman that is. :eek:
That works for me. ;)

De Beers is building a jewelry grade synthetic diamond factory here near two other semiconductor fabs. That should reduce the 'right sized' price to something reasonable.

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/2018/9/11/they-re-going-to-make-lab-grown-diamonds-in-gresham
Hence: the suburb of Gresham. The city has cheap electricity compared to other West Coast regions (the average monthly industrial electricity bill in Oregon is less than a third of the national average), attracting companies that require vast amounts of energy to create their products. (See also: bitcoin miners.)

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
You are stranded on a deserted island with a dozen beautiful women. You can choose btween having a box of diamonds or a box of matches. Which do you chose? ;)
Neither, I'll keep warm with the dozen beautiful women and being the only guy I won't need the diamonds.

marcuskeene

Joined Oct 15, 2018
I have personally never invested in this market, but I know people around who do and don't seem to be a part of black market and/or some shitty gamble.
There are so many dimensions that a new tech offers. A lot of discrepancies in crypto world are due to lack of regulations. If put in place, it won't be as volatile as it is and will also stay away from the dark side.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Contrary to this, Bitcoin is gaining acceptance and businesses have started accepting Crypto Currencies in exchange for goods and services.
Markets are always volatile, its not that stock exchange doesn't incur loses. Its an absurd logic to say that Crypto market isn't good since its volatile.
Countries have started accepting the trade and even established businesses are using this market to generate funds. Not that its always fooling the investors. The knowledge around the market is less and it will only grow with time.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...MXV7c7OEHxJYfuVQ2I0KJm3tzR1iiQpGcNCRTNlszClCU
The value of bitcoins handled by major payment processors shriveled nearly 80 percent in the year to September, data from blockchain researcher Chainalysis shows. That suggests the cryptocurrency is struggling to mature from speculative asset to a serious alternative to state-issued money.

Months of relative calm in bitcoin prices after the wild swings of last winter had fueled hopes it would become widely used for payments, its intended purpose.

But its collapse in use as a payment currency has instead left big finance and crypto insiders eyeing better technological infrastructure to help bitcoin take off as a way to pay.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
With Bitcoin moving from China they need cheap energy, in the USA.

https://grist.org/technology/bitcoin-greenidge-seneca-lake-cryptocurrency/
There’s just one problem: If it weren’t for Bitcoin, there would almost certainly be no reason to run the power plant in Dresden at all. Without the revenue from mining, Greenidge would have no reason to spew hundreds of thousands of tons of carbon dioxide from the plant’s stacks, discharge hundreds of billions of gallons of hot water into a nearby trout stream, or pipe in and burn billions of cubic feet of fracked natural gas.
Greenidge isn’t even close to done expanding. In late March, the company revealed plans to merge with Support.com, a publicly traded tech company. In its announcement, Greenidge said it wants to more than double its mining capacity on Seneca Lake by July — and to double it again by the end of 2022, at which point it will total 85 megawatts. The company is not a power plant with a side hustle, but rather a “bitcoin mining company with a wholly-owned power plant.”