Bitcoin mining - reality or commercial

Motanache

Joined Mar 2, 2015
You dig for bitcoin.

Someone has buried some bitcoins.

You dig for it and if you are lucky you find it.
Bitcoin costs a lot.

Practically someone has buried some money on internet only for you to find it.
Sounds wired.

However bitcoin can be a promising business.

Is it worth it to dig on the Internet for it?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
You dig for bitcoin.

Someone has buried some bitcoins.

You dig for it and if you are lucky you find it.
Bitcoin costs a lot.

Practically someone has buried some money on internet only for you to find it.
Sounds wired.

However bitcoin can be a promising business.

Is it worth it to dig on the Internet for it?
You need the right processors and software. There is a rumor that the surge in NVidia stock price is because people figured out how to use video graphic processor units (GPU) to optimize bitcoin mining algorithms.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
And you can only be competitive if you have access to cheap or free electricity. I've read that the Chinese coal mines are the biggest bitcoin mines as well. They can directly convert their coal to electricity and start generating bitcoin revenue.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
And you can only be competitive if you have access to cheap or free electricity. I've read that the Chinese coal mines are the biggest bitcoin mines as well. They can directly convert their coal to electricity and start generating bitcoin revenue.
And student housing with utilities included in rent.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I'm still a bit skeptical of bitcoin and any other digital currencies at this point. I know the reasoning and want for them but so far I have yet to find any of the known ones to have the stability ads globalization scope capability requirements to take permanent hold.

To me bitcoin has way too small of fixed permanent limit to work globally. At something like 21 million of them that's way to small of practical number to work with on a global scale.

If it was up to me it would be set at a face value of 1 bitcoin buys something like a 20 oz soda or a loaf of bread and there would be enough to cover 10 billion people at a annual income of say 10,000 bitcoins per year or a total of 100 Trillion bitcoins total. That's enough to run a fixed gross value global economy on and never haven inflation over run the system and devalue its face value either.

Until some digital currency reaches that level of working capacity I have doubts to its true validity and working capacity as a international unified currency system.

profbuxton

Joined Feb 21, 2014
There seem to be a lot a bitcoin marketers and companies making the news and not for good reasons,. A lot of the bitcoin manipulators have conned people and there have been big losses. I have been looking at the hype surrounding these :currencies and all the talk is of it replacing cash.
So how does one value the bitcoin or redeem its value in a cashless society? And anyway once/or if it becomes accepted currency the gov will soon legislate to control it like anything else so you are no better off in regards to tax or anonymity.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
so you are no better off in regards to tax or anonymity.
Actually, we'd be far worse off as regards anonymity, liberty and the merest semblance of privacy:rolleyes: -- Unfortunately the benighted masses taste for -convenience at any price- all but dooms us to such a fate!:mad:

Make something even an idiot can use -- and everyone is stuck with it!:mad::mad::mad:

Best regards
HP