Beef Up Internal battery

ravenlikethebird

Joined Nov 25, 2016
Hey guys another battery ideal that i would love some feedback from people more experience then me on

I have a ION Air Pro Wifi Lite Sports Cam and i find the battery lacking and it doesn't have to ability to charge and record at the same time like a GO Pro would be able to. I was thinking i could crack it open and disconnect the internal batt. then run leads out of the case with bladed slide connectors and then connect power packs to the bladed slide connectors. then i would be able to carry several power packs and basically give the camera changeable batt. for indefinite filming. Im planing on using the chargeing boards of the power packs them selves to charge

Im still fairly new to electronics teching and modding so before i did anything i wanted to ask for feed back if you guys saw any potential problems or what with this ideal

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
... it doesn't have to ability to charge and record at the same time...
That may be because the AC adapter is rated at a lower current than the battery supplies, so you need the battery's greater current capacity. The solution might be as simple as using a beefier adapter. But it could be far more complicated. We don't have enough details to know one way or the other.

Do you want to run off AC power or do you really want the battery swap option?

Take some photos, link to the manual, etc. The devil is in the details.

ravenlikethebird

Joined Nov 25, 2016
I thought so too but after trying diffrent ac adapters with no luck i called the ION company and they said that use while chargeing is a feature only on some of the higher level cams, i went ahead and took it to bits found a odd yellow wire my resheraching points towards it going to a sensor that ethier monitors temp or voltage while chargeing in my mind scine im planing on leaveing the interal battery out completly and charging the power packs them selves leaveing the yellow disconnected shoundnt affect the camera what do yall think about that? I just want longer battery life I go to airsoft events some are 15 hours of play at a time so being able to swap power in the feild is my goal.

PS i was a litte rough with the neg cable and will need to resolder it. it connects to the right of the pos

Attachments