Batteries mounted in parallel. Amps wont add !

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I didnt notice that. But how could I in only a few seconds.
Using a meter to measure current is problematic in your current experiments. The shunt resistance/burden voltage are too high, so you're not actually measuring what you think you're measuring.

You should use the circuit I proposed that had current sensing resistors in each parallel branch.

Yuseph

Joined Jun 8, 2020
Alright. Its all set now. It took me ages to accept the truth. Theres no way you can overload a 5w light bulb with amps even if you put 3 supplies in parallel. The only way the amps will increase - using the same voltage - is if the watts increase. I tried 4 light bulbs in parralel instead of just one. The watts increased a lot which made the amps increase a lot too. But it had nth to do with adding another supply or not. You cant break that watt amp volt rule. I really had a hard time understanding why my 2 solar panels were producing only 0,8amp but when id connect a 750w drill the amps were reaching 4amps. theres an unconditional law and thats it.
Likewise if i understand what you said guys when i connected those 4 light bulbs. What prevented them from reaching 4x5w 20w is probably their internal resistance.
Long story short its the capacity that double not the amps. Thanks guys i had to settle this once for all before moving on.