Hi I posted earlier on this but now I have a specific question just about transistors in general. I have read a lot on the internet about the functionality of these but am still not getting it.
I have a load that measures between 80 and 1000 ohms depending on the configuration.
I am trying to switch 9V (6 AA) to the load using a PNP 2N3906 transistor.
I have the transistor base at 0V (which is what I read is necessary for it to be open).
I have the emitter connected to 9V through a 5K resistor ( I tried calculating this but maybe I'm way off!).
I then have the collector going through my load to ground.
Now I don't know if I'm dealing with fried transistors or an incorrect setup but I am reading 9V on all the transistor pins with my meter. Is this the correct setup?
I have a load that measures between 80 and 1000 ohms depending on the configuration.
I am trying to switch 9V (6 AA) to the load using a PNP 2N3906 transistor.
I have the transistor base at 0V (which is what I read is necessary for it to be open).
I have the emitter connected to 9V through a 5K resistor ( I tried calculating this but maybe I'm way off!).
I then have the collector going through my load to ground.
Now I don't know if I'm dealing with fried transistors or an incorrect setup but I am reading 9V on all the transistor pins with my meter. Is this the correct setup?