basics of pipelined adc

manissri

Joined Jan 23, 2006
hi all,
some basic i need to clear regarding pipelined adc.
hope u all will dont mind.
actually in 1.5 bit pipelind adc , the residue passes from one stage to next stage.
then our residue is getting smaller and smaller and in last stage it is very small.
but in stage we give the gain of two so that residue will be in the full range of input.
but my question is when we give every stage gain of two then our residue will multiply by 2 then where it is gettin smaller and smalller when it passes stage to stage.
plz give ur comment.
regrds
manish

n9352527

Joined Oct 14, 2005
Originally posted by manissri@Feb 2 2006, 12:52 PM
hi all,
some basic i need to clear regarding pipelined adc.
hope u all will dont mind.
actually in 1.5 bit pipelind adc , the residue passes from one stage to next stage.
then our residue is getting smaller and smaller and in last stage it is very small.
but in stage we give the gain of two so that residue will be in the full range of input.
but my question is when we give every stage gain of two then our residue will multiply by 2 then where it is gettin smaller and smalller when it passes stage to stage.
plz give ur comment.
regrds
manish
[post=13751]Quoted post[/post]​
Smaller meaning that that particular residue represents smaller proportion of the original input, hence in standing affects the lesser significant bits than the previous stage. The absolute value of the residual voltage at each stage is of course amplified to allow greater range input to that stage's ADC and these voltages are not necessarily smaller.

manissri

Joined Jan 23, 2006
hi coulombmagician,
plz give ur comments..
regrds
manish

Originally posted by n9352527@Feb 2 2006, 08:57 AM
Smaller meaning that that particular residue represents smaller proportion of the original input, hence in standing affects the lesser significant bits than the previous stage. The absolute value of the residual voltage at each stage is of course amplified to allow greater range input to that stage's ADC and these voltages are not necessarily smaller.
[post=13754]Quoted post[/post]​