That may be an autotransformer with no isolation.https://airlinktransformers.com/product/use-uk-appliances-in-america-us-uk2000
but I have my suspicions that the latter is an intermittent rating.
No isolation?What is wrong with the 120v 240v supply?
Nothing big but I just might have some old TV or something one day that needs 50 Hz, this is not a real need though, I was just remarking that I'd need more than a transformer for this.If you are in N.A. why the need for 50Hz?
What is wrong with the 120v 240v supply? or is this not a residence?
50Hz may be the least of the problems if relates to a TV, NTSC - PAL etc.Nothing big but I just might have some old TV or something one day that needs 50 Hz, this is not a real need though, .
Yes that's likely true, the 50 Hz isn't a big deal. I do recall that I found a guy on youtube once who was clearly a skilled electronics designer.50Hz may be the least of the problems if relates to a TV, NTSC - PAL etc.
Plus, signals are now digital.
Many set-top boxes were sold to convert over-the-air ATSC signals to NTSC during the changeover, such as this.He built a system that could take an HDMI signal and convert it into an NTSC/PAL (or it might have just been a monochrome 405 or 625 line signal, can't recall) signal that could be fed right into an older TV set, the video showed it running.
https://www.mcmaster.com/step-up-transformers/I want a transformer that accepts 120v and generates either 120v or 240v on the secondary, supporting say a 2 KW load.
Where can I find such devices?
Thx
| Thread starter | Similar threads | Forum | Replies | Date |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| F | Basic Amp Circuit Question | Homework Help | 7 | |
|
|
Best First Projects for Learning Basic Electronics? | General Electronics Chat | 60 | |
| P | Basic 'clap ON' switch. | Sensor Design & Implementation | 16 | |
| C | basic questions about soldering. Beginner | Technical Repair | 47 | |
|
|
ESP32 Programming - A Helpful Suggestion & Annex32 Basic | Microcontrollers | 2 |