Barrel Jack soldering locations

clangray

Joined Nov 4, 2018
For the barrel jack/PCB shown below: in soldering the Barrel Jack component, do I solder just the leads of the barrel jack or both the leads and the slots they are in?

Barrel Jack Soldering.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The single terminal at the bottom is the disconnect from the top terminal nearest the camera. When the plug is used to connect.
Not usually required.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
hi clan,
I usually solder all the tags, it gives a stronger hold for the connector to the PCB.
E
True, I generally place a sole pad for the purpose just to anchor it, if used on a P.C.
In the OP's case, it appears to be intended for discrete cable soldered connection ?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
In the OP's case, it appears to be intended for discrete cable soldered connection ?
Nope. There are many variations of that jack type, and some have much wider tabs and/or slsightly different tab locations. The overly-elongated holes can accomodate a wider range of connector suppliers.

As above, fill all three hoes with solder.

ak

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Nope. There are many variations of that jack type, and some have much wider tabs. The overly-elongated holes can accomodate a wider range of connector suppliers.

ak
I intended to mean that the OP's P.C. board seems more intended for wire connection rather than the P.C. pad/trace connection.