Bad behaving members

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Calling Nigel a twit got me banned. Who ever said truth was a good defense -- Hah!
Generally, I like Nigel, but that's funny!
I don't hear much from Nigel, personally. I have never had any negative run-ins with him, though I have disagreed with some of his technical assessments. However, I must say, often if I see that someone has been unjustly banned, he tends to be behind it. But I can't see behind the curtain, I don't know who was actually behind it, or even the reasons. I just don't have the information to judge him.

But all this aside, I agree--that IS funny! :D:D:D

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Oh, I guess I downloaded some PIC tutorial that he wrote. Quite a lot of work was put into it, but it's disjointed.
Yeah, he has some good work out there, some good experience, but he tends not to convey information very well. That's just my experience and my opinion.

Yeah, he has some good work out there, some good experience, but he tends not to convey information very well. That's just my experience and my opinion.
How many of us have had a Professor or Boss or someone we were counting upon to give us information that was utterly and completely inept at doing so?

I read this post and thought of a few people in my past that were very intelligent analytically...but absolute morons when it came to understanding how to convey that knowledge.

Usually when enough people would ask them...Wait...I don't see where your going. Such people would lash out angrily in anyway or method available to them as well as doing so in a very petty manner.

Split Infinity

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
How many of us have had a Professor or Boss or someone we were counting upon to give us information that was utterly and completely inept at doing so?

I read this post and thought of a few people in my past that were very intelligent analytically...but absolute morons when it came to understanding how to convey that knowledge.

Usually when enough people would ask them...Wait...I don't see where your going. Such people would lash out angrily in anyway or method available to them as well as doing so in a very petty manner.

Split Infinity
I'm thinking it was my second or third year at uni. Only had one professor who could actually teach. And that was a social elective class, if I remember correctly. The rest either spoke in very heavy accents that were not understandable, were very sloppy with their teaching style, or were very dull and uninformative. Overall I am very disappointed with my university experience. Really wish I could go back and do things differently :(

I'm thinking it was my second or third year at uni. Only had one professor who could actually teach. And that was a social elective class, if I remember correctly. The rest either spoke in very heavy accents that were not understandable, were very sloppy with their teaching style, or were very dull and uninformative. Overall I am very disappointed with my university experience. Really wish I could go back and do things differently :(
Well...I had a way to get around sloppy lectures...DON'T GO! LOL!

What really used to **** me off...even though I could afford it...it was the principle...the rediculous cost of some of these old geezers BOOKS!

Like...Hey...if you want to pass this course you will have to but my books...this one for $250...another for $300...oh...and THIS ONE...well this one I wrote deep in the Jungle while I played with a stick listening to the clicks and clucks used by the Jabba Jabba Tribe for a language!...this one is $550!

Split Infinity

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Well...I had a way to get around sloppy lectures...DON'T GO! LOL!

What really used to **** me off...even though I could afford it...it was the principle...the rediculous cost of some of these old geezers BOOKS!

Like...Hey...if you want to pass this course you will have to but my books...this one for $250...another for $300...oh...and THIS ONE...well this one I wrote deep in the Jungle while I played with a stick listening to the clicks and clucks used by the Jabba Jabba Tribe for a language!...this one is $550!

Split Infinity
Haha, I know what you mean. Books have always been ridiculously expensive for school. I tended to just not buy them. I would borrow the books from someone who was enough of a sucker to buy them :p

Haha, I know what you mean. Books have always been ridiculously expensive for school. I tended to just not buy them. I would borrow the books from someone who was enough of a sucker to buy them :p
Some of these SOB's have gotten the schools to go along with a One Book One Student Registration Program.

So basically...a student must purchase a book whether they can get on used or not.

Their reasoning behind such madness...We want to make certain our students do not purchase bootlegged copies that do not have either the full amount of information or perhaps doctored information that is so prevelent on the internet these days.

Split Infinity

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Some of these SOB's have gotten the schools to go along with a One Book One Student Registration Program.

So basically...a student must purchase a book whether they can get on used or not.

Their reasoning behind such madness...We want to make certain our students do not purchase bootlegged copies that do not have either the full amount of information or perhaps doctored information that is so prevelent on the internet these days.

Split Infinity
Well internet wasn't exactly available to all of us when we were in school :p

I agree though, that is a ridiculous program.

Well internet wasn't exactly available to all of us when we were in school :p

I agree though, that is a ridiculous program.
Also as far as this topic is concerned as well as your post.

Plad and I were on a board that was well...very Black...if you know what I mean...and I am not refering to African Americans...LOL!

Anyways...one of the people running it...started to weild power very unjustly as it got to the point members were getting banned just because this person didn't either have the same opinion or perhaps just didn't like them personally.

Thing was this person had absolutely NO IDEA the type of people they were messing with and such people tend to have great restraint before they would react.

But when this person started just banning people for any and all infractions real or percieved...these members of which some had a VERY specific skill set...well...they took action in a very limited way.

It was nice to see such a person come to the realization that they could not just do such things without worrying about consequences.

Split Infinity

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I guess I lucked out. I only had one teacher that wrote his own book, and it was less than $20. I only had one teacher that enjoyed destroying students that asked questions in class. The first, I solved with a $20 bill. The second, I solved by dropping out of chemistry for one semester so I would get the other chemistry teacher when I dropped back in to the cycle.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I guess there are professors who fail to realize that without students, they have no job. Tenure will only work if there are students to attend the class.

The students need to realize they are paying a nice sum of cash to get answers to their germane questions. Professors who can't answer them have no business teaching. Feedback need not be immediate.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
The badlands of off-topic..everyone visits
^
|
This

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters)

P.S. I know that I have missed out on my monthly statistics report. I 'm running on 12 hours of work a day 7 days a week, so I can't really find peace of mind to carry it out.
I 'll take a raincheck on that, sorry to all those who are interested in it.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
^
|
This

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters)

P.S. I know that I have missed out on my monthly statistics report. I 'm running on 12 hours of work a day 7 days a week, so I can't really find peace of mind to carry it out.
I 'll take a raincheck on that, sorry to all those who are interested in it.
I'm baffled. What are you talking about?