Bad behaving members

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Matt,

Some people will always expect special treatment. How many times in the homework section has an OP been told the rules and been given the link on what the forum expects from them.

The best solution is to not respond to those not following the rules, especially after telling them of the expectations.

Of course the ignore button also achieves the goal ... for the real hard cases.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
What issues are those? I can listen to convincing arguments. Those are few and far in between however.
Honestly I'd rather not bring up old arguments, as I was admittedly part of many of them. Usually they're simply based around misunderstandings, and, to be perfectly honest, you tend to stick with your original understanding instead of trying to see the true intent behind it.

That's all I'm going to say. Like I said, I don't want to bring up old arguments. I'd rather stay on good terms this time :p

Matt

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Matt,

Some people will always expect special treatment. How many times in the homework section has an OP been told the rules and been given the link on what the forum expects from them.

The best solution is to not respond to those not following the rules, especially after telling them of the expectations.

Of course the ignore button also achieves the goal ... for the real hard cases.
You're absolutely right.

Any particular reason you posted this directly to me?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Honestly I'd rather not bring up old arguments, as I was admittedly part of many of them. Usually they're simply based around misunderstandings, and, to be perfectly honest, you tend to stick with your original understanding instead of trying to see the true intent behind it.

That's all I'm going to say. Like I said, I don't want to bring up old arguments. I'd rather stay on good terms this time :p

Matt
I have discussions with dozens of people on these sites. The same two or three think I'm difficult. The other dozens have no issues.

With a few, I'd even say I get along swimmingly.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I have discussions with dozens of people on these sites. The same two or three think I'm difficult. The other dozens have no issues.

With a few, I'd even say I get along swimmingly.
Never said you didn't get along with people. Just said you're a bit stubborn, which as you mentioned is often a good thing ;)

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I never said you did. My point is my "issues" you speak of only manifests with the same small group of people. Never seems to be a problem with the overwhelming majority of the members I interact with.
Understood. Thanks for clearing that up--I think we're good now.

Back to the original topic! :D:p

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Matt,

Not particularly directed at you, just relaying an observation I've made of the many years of participating in various forums. I find it easier to write if I address it to a single person.

There are alot of people who just want the answers without the work, in many venues acrossed a cornicopia of subjects and issues.

I completely agree with you on the possibilities of misunderstanding due to translations caused by the various translators available on the web.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I figured out who it is. I put that guy on mental ignore 2 years before I found the ignore button in the user control panel. You too can do what I have done.

I'm with Bill: Don't feed the troll. It is a complete waste of time to be miserable about somebody else's behavior.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Matt,

Not particularly directed at you, just relaying an observation I've made of the many years of participating in various forums. I find it easier to write if I address it to a single person.

There are alot of people who just want the answers without the work, in many venues acrossed a cornicopia of subjects and issues.

I completely agree with you on the possibilities of misunderstanding due to translations caused by the various translators available on the web.
This particular member's English is very good when he want's it to be, maybe even better than a few people on the forum that have English as a first language.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
They banned me for wanting the moderators to do something about all the stinking trolls on that site. What they don't know is they didn't punish me by banning me. They punished members who could benefit from my help.
Calling Nigel a twit got me banned. Who ever said truth was a good defense -- Hah!

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I figured out who it is. I put that guy on mental ignore 2 years before I found the ignore button in the user control panel. You too can do what I have done.

I'm with Bill: Don't feed the troll. It is a complete waste of time to be miserable about somebody else's behavior.
Some of you guys must have the patience of Job. I'm With #12. That guy is the only member who is, or ever has been, on my Ignore List, and he's been there for probably at least a year.