Background noise from ??

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hiya this amplifier has two 6.5 mm jack socket's on it and input's for a CD player 'dvd player 'aux and line ( don't know what that is ) I thought
These type the of amplifier's had a pre amp built in ??..thank's keith
hi K,
These type of inputs 'aux and line' are for high level signals not low level from a mic.
If you have a spare 6.5mm plug, unscrew the plastic sleeve and link the three internal connections together.
Now when you plug that into the amp it effectively shorts out that input, increase the volume and check for the hiss.

E

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

It looks like the mic input has an senitivity of 15 mV:
https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/consumer-hifi/hifi-separates/qtx-kad-2-digital-stereo-amplifier.htm
You can short the input using a 6.3 mm plug with the pins connected together.
When the output is silent when the input is shorted, then the noise comes from the mic and cables.

Bertus
Thanks I don't have a cable to short it out but I do have one of those reducing adapter's so maybe I can sort some thing out with that . It won't be till later today or May tomorrow I'll let you know .thanks Keith.

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

https://www.whybuynew.co.uk/consumer-hifi/hifi-separates/qtx-kad-2-digital-stereo-amplifier.htm
When the output is silent when the input is shorted, then the noise comes from the mic and cables.

Bertus
Hiya so if it is the mic . I struggled to get a decent outdoor microphone so I would rather if it was the case swop the amp
What amp should I look for ??. Thanks for your time Keith.

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
hi K,
These type of inputs 'aux and line' are for high level signals not low level from a mic.
If you have a spare 6.5mm plug, unscrew the plastic sleeve and link the three internal connections together.
Now when you plug that into the amp it effectively shorts out that input, increase the volume and check for the hiss.

E
Hiya so if the hiss goes is it the mic ??. I can't see it being the wiring as I have double checked it swooped chargers changed wiring
I think it is the microphone or amp not being compatible thanks Keith .

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

Bertus
Hiya so if the mic has a senitivity of 15 mV what amp would best suit it with 6.3 microphone jack .
Thanks for replying Keith .

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

Looking at the microphone, it has a buildin amplifier:
https://www.microseven.com/product/IP-Cameras-M7WP-MIC.html
It has a very high output level of 2.5 Voltspp.
The KAD-2 has a line input sensitivity of 380 mVpp.
To connect the mic to the kad, you will need an attenuator of about 7 times, to connect it to the line input.

Bertus

Thanks Bertus so what do I Google and what does this attenuator do ??. Keith

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

You could try the following circuit:

Mic_to_line_input.png

The attenuator will bring the signal level down from 2.5 Vpp from the mic to about 380 mVpp needed for the amplifier

Bertus

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

You could try the following circuit:

View attachment 136896

The attenuator will bring the signal level down from 2.5 Vpp from the mic to about 380 mVpp needed for the amplifier

Bertus

Hiya Bertus thanks for your help I have been looking on the web trying to learn a little bit about this and have looked at a
Di box would you Google it for me as I am not sure it has two 6.3 Jack's so I could just plug my mic into one side buy another cable to link the DI box to the amp on the other side . The DI box is IMG Stage line DIB-100 thanks Keith

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Your mic does not have a 6.3mm plug like a normal mic has because it has a built in preamp. Instead it has an RCA plug so that it can plug in and work with a line input, not a mic input on an amplifier.

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Your mic does not have a 6.3mm plug like a normal mic has because it has a built in preamp. Instead it has an RCA plug so that it can plug in and work with a line input, not a mic input on an amplifier.

Hi'ya Bertus well you're right that's how it started out but like I have said with the background noise and
not that good with electronics I swopped cables 'chargers ' etc and with the KAD 2 haveing a 6.3 mic input I went and swopped the cable and got a cable with a male RCA one end and a 6.3 jack on the other to go from the mic to amp .thanks keith

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

As @Audioguru said, the mic has an amplifier build in and must be connected using the RCA (tulip) connectors.

View attachment 136937

Bertus
Hello,

As @Audioguru said, the mic has an amplifier build in and must be connected using the RCA (tulip) connectors.

View attachment 136937

Bertus[/
Hi'ya well if I have to connect it to the line RCA terminals . The cable coming into the house is the
6.3 microphone cable I wonder if there is a adapter that will fit on the 6.3 jack with two RCA connectors on thanks Keith

Hello,

View attachment 136937

Bertus

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016

Hiya thanks for your help .I have connected to the line input and it has done the job but i can't increase the volume
is there anything else I can do . Thanks Keith .

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Does the KAD give any sound?
Is the selector switch set in line position?
Then you should be able to set the gain with the main volume knob.
Is the total volume to low?
Then you could adapt the attenuator to adjust this.

Bertus

Tryin2learn

Joined Nov 11, 2016
Hello,

Does the KAD give any sound?
Is the selector switch set in line position?
Then you should be able to set the gain with the main volume knob.
Is the total volume to low?
Then you could adapt the attenuator to adjust this.

Bertus

Hiya Bertus I haven't used a attenuator yet .Do I still need one ??. Will it increase the volume ??. Yes I have switched it to the line and
turned the volume right up but I can only just hear it . What attenuator would I look for .thanks Keith