automotive topic

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Answer

regarding http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=58876

Why was this closed?

Automotive topic are not allowed in the AAC forum. Please read the rules.

hgmjr
The forum rules:

Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:
Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
Automotive modifications
Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
LEDs to mains
Phone jammers
Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
Transformer-less power supplies
OP never mentioned anything about an automotive modification. It was a simple question about a schematic which happened to be an automotive schematic.

The purpose (as I understand it) for the block of automotive modification topics is to prevent people from making potentially unsafe changes to their cars, not to come down with the hammer of justice on anyone who puts the words "car" or "auto____" in their post. That is after all why there are human moderators, right? I'm pretty sure a web script could accomplish what I just witnessed.

OP's question was already answered, but the principle of the thing bugs me.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have to admit I'm a bit confused on the issue also. I saw a thread go through because it wasn't modifications, the OP was asking about original parts.

On the thread mentioned in the first post the OP was asking for clarification on an existing factory stock schematic.

Having said that remember our mods are only human, and at the moment seem to be in short supply. I expect this will change, but cut slack when needed.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
our mods are only human, ... cut slack when needed.
I could have been a more diplomatic in the way I worded my post. I was basically already in the middle of a temper tantrum due to real world troubles when I logged on last night and the closed post was the first thing I saw. It's actually worded quite carefully considering the things I was shouting at the screen when I typed it. My opinion hasn't changed but I would like to clear the air of any foul strantor air henceforth.