Automotive Subject Matter

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
OK, I have no problem with a forum ban on automotive subject matter involving alterations to automotive systems. This does not get any simpler:

The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.
Here is one I do not quite understand.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...-this-point-saver-circuit.110294/#post-850885

The original poster has an Onan Generator (a gasoline engine driven generator made by Onan). The engine uses an older point type ignition system which the original poster wants to update to an electronic ignition system. That is my read on the thread anyway. I don't see a connection to an automotive modification since the modification involves a gasoline engine generator system. Had I suspected in the least an automotive system modification I would not have even considered responding to the thread. I simply fail to see the logic in closing the thread?

Thank You
Ron