Automated dispenser médicament

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
Hi I m a pharmacist and I want to hire someone to design for me automated dispenser of médicaments
Thank you

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Isn't a French médicament different than an English medicine? My pharmacist gives me medicines, not médicaments.
What must activate your automated dispenser? A clock?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there. welcome to AAC!
:)
I used this simple design to dispense Skittles. Skittles are tiny pieces of candy about the size of your fingernail, for my nieces and nephews .An infrared proximity sensor (LED1 & PD1) to detect the candy. The 10kΩ potentiometer (POT1) is used to adjust the proximity detection sensitivity of the whole circuit so that if a hand is detected by the sensor, the voltage at the non-inverting terminal of the MCP6001UT-I/OT is greater than the voltage across the inverting terminal. When a hand or in your case a bottle. is placed under the IR sensor, the MCP6001UT-I/OT op amp that acts as a comparator outputs a signal that drives the NPN transistor (Q1). This transistor drives the solenoid that is used to release the candy from the dispenser. Simple modification of the circuit can be implemented to control how many pieces of candy you would like to dispense. A digital readout
Can also be incorporated by a seven segment display.

Skittles dispenser_1622855092140.png

Last edited:

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
Ooo thank you for answering me, here my idea I want one I type the name of the medicaments in software of the management of the pharmacy the led of the medicaments will light to know the place and to not waste the time of found the medicaments box, I hope that you get a idea of what I want to do

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
Isn't a French médicament different than an English medicine? My pharmacist gives me medicines, not médicaments.
What must activate your automated dispenser? A clock?
Bonsoir c est distribeur automatique des boîtes de médicaments, lorsque le pharmacien type le non d un médicaments dans son logiciel une Led clignote indique la place de cette boîte de médicaments, cela permet de faire un gain énorme de temps dans la livraison de médicaments et réduire les erreurs lié à la dispensation de médicaments

And now an English version:
Good evening, it is the automatic dispenser of medicine boxes, when the pharmacist type the number of a medicine in his software, a flashing LED indicates the place of this medicine box, this allows a huge saving of time in the delivery of medicines and reduce medication dispensing errors
Moderator's note: ur ce site, merci de poster uniquement en anglais

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, now we see that it is a whole lot more complex, and the request as described now is not even a dispensor but a computer controlled location light operator. And the only purpose is to be a substitute for knowing where the different medicayions are hidden. Yes, that can certainly be created , and in fact it has been done.
Now here is a better way of doing it that is far more reliable and costs far less. In addition the approach is easily expandable and much more reliable.
First, you do need a list of every item in stock. That list needs to include the correct spelling of the medication. Then the medications on the shelves need to be located by row and column and aisle number. These then must be well marked on the shelves.. Then this location information must be added to that medication's name segment on the list.
To locate a specific medication then, open the list document with a word processor that has a "find" function, and type in the name of the medication, and use the find function. The name and location will appear, and the medication can easily be located. No messy wiring or complex connections.. Cheap and eay.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello again!
We shall now dispense the dispensers.
RFID smart shelves storage tracking.
Choose which modular components best suit your needs.
A-smart-shelf-inventory-control-system-architecture.png
I hope this helps.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Simple inventory control system.

I do this for all my electronics components.
I need an SMD 220Ω ¼W 0805 resistor. I go to my computer, enter what I need and it tells me where it is located, how many are in stock, how many were ordered, price, supplier, manufacturer, date received, etc.

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
OK, now we see that it is a whole lot more complex, and the request as described now is not even a dispensor but a computer controlled location light operator. And the only purpose is to be a substitute for knowing where the different medicayions are hidden. Yes, that can certainly be created , and in fact it has been done.
Now here is a better way of doing it that is far more reliable and costs far less. In addition the approach is easily expandable and much more reliable.
First, you do need a list of every item in stock. That list needs to include the correct spelling of the medication. Then the medications on the shelves need to be located by row and column and aisle number. These then must be well marked on the shelves.. Then this location information must be added to that medication's name segment on the list.
To locate a specific medication then, open the list document with a word processor that has a "find" function, and type in the name of the medication, and use the find function. The name and location will appear, and the medication can easily be located. No messy wiring or complex connections.. Cheap and eay.
Hi thank you for answering me
So for dispenser a box of the medicaments I would like that all my workers like (4, 6) will have this own color of leds for example the worker 1 when he type the name of the box the place of the medicaments will led with green and the worker 2 will led with red, ect I hope that you get my idea

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
OK, I did not realize that the system was for use by those who are untrained and unskilled but very well paid. I had not realized that every item would be equipped with an RFID device as part of the packaging. And I was not aware that there was a very large amount of money set aside for the project, and that the entire system was to be new construction. That does make a big difference. The labeling scheme does demand that all users be willing and able to replace the medication container back into the correct location. That does require a good deal of skill and effort to do.
Keeping track of the quantities sold can be done at the invoicing point, where the name of each medication and the quantity delivered is already known, since it was part of the purchase order.
So there is a simple choice that depends mostly on the resources available. With unlimited funding the very elaborate scheme can certainly be available. With the simpler scheme it can be added to even a hundred year old pharmacy without much disruption and with a much lower cost. The simpler scheme is very similar to what is in use at the successful pharmacy locations that I am familiar with, including the well known Walgreens chain of pharmacies. Of course, all of their employees are skilled and dedicated.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009

I need an SMD 220Ω ¼W 0805 resistor. I go to my computer, enter what I need and it tells me where it located, how many are in stock, how many were ordered, price, supplier, manufacturer, date received.
Exactly. I did the same- parametric database system. has all components, tools, related documents (pdfs, schematics, images, invoices, pcb files, etc), qty, price, oem, vendor, weight, etc. Only way to keep track of hundreds of individual components which equate tens of thousands (or more) of parts.

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
So for dispenser a box of the medicaments I would like that all my workers like (4, 6) will have this own color of leds for example the worker 1 when he type the name of the box the place of the medicaments will led with green and the worker 2 will led with red, ect I hope that you get my idea
These kinds of systems have already been built, but they go one further- they go get the medications/items, count them by weight and bring them to a station for verification.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013

I need an SMD 220Ω ¼W 0805 resistor. I go to my computer, enter what I need and it tells me where it located, how many are in stock, how many were ordered, price, supplier, manufacturer, date received.
I use a simplified version of this. I think of the part I need and my brain answers that it must be in one of those little drawers.

Bob

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Thank you for answering me, can you explain to me bit more about it
Radio frequency identification
(RFID)is the wireless non-contact use of radio frequency waves to transfer data. It was first used in world war II to identify planes as friend or foe.
There are two types active and passive.
ACTIVE:
Primary Frequency Range: 433 MHz, to
2.45GHz
Read Range: 30M,to 100+Meters
Average Cost Per Tag:$25.00 - $50.00 U.S
PASSIVE:
Primary Frequency Range: 860 MHz - 960 MHz
Read Range: Near Contact - 25 Meters
Average Cost Per Tag: $0.09 - $20.00 U.S.
The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) is the governing body in Europe that sets and upholds countrywide standards for communicating via multiple channels, including Radio Waves. By ETSI’s regulations, RFID equipment and tags are only allowed to communicate on the smaller frequency range of 865 -
868 MHz because other types of radio communications are allocated to subsets of the larger range of 860 - 960 MHz.
What sets a potential RFID application apart from applications that can use othert ypes of systems is the need to uniquely identify individual items quickly and more
efficiently.
An RFID tag in its most simplistic form, is comprised of two parts an antenna for transmitting and receiving signals, and an RFID chip (or integrated circuit, IC) which stores the tag’s ID and other information. RFID tags are affixed to items in order to track them using an RFID reader and antenna.

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
Radio frequency identification
(RFID)is the wireless non-contact use of radio frequency waves to transfer data. It was first used in world war II to identify planes as friend or foe.
There are two types active and passive.
ACTIVE:
Primary Frequency Range: 433 MHz, to
2.45GHz
Read Range: 30M,to 100+Meters
Average Cost Per Tag:$25.00 - $50.00 U.S
PASSIVE:
Primary Frequency Range: 860 MHz - 960 MHz
Read Range: Near Contact - 25 Meters
Average Cost Per Tag: $0.09 - $20.00 U.S.
The European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) is the governing body in Europe that sets and upholds countrywide standards for communicating via multiple channels, including Radio Waves. By ETSI’s regulations, RFID equipment and tags are only allowed to communicate on the smaller frequency range of 865 -
868 MHz because other types of radio communications are allocated to subsets of the larger range of 860 - 960 MHz.
What sets a potential RFID application apart from applications that can use othert ypes of systems is the need to uniquely identify individual items quickly and more
efficiently.
An RFID tag in its most simplistic form, is comprised of two parts an antenna for transmitting and receiving signals, and an RFID chip (or integrated circuit, IC) which stores the tag’s ID and other information. RFID tags are affixed to items in order to track them using an RFID reader and antenna.
Thank you for answering me so if I understand you I can build a dispenser of médicaments based In RFID?

Kila88

Joined Jun 4, 2021
Can you explain to me more this solution, is seem to be a good one

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Here is what I'm hearing ...

There are many shelves in the pharmacy, and each shelf has many compartments. You want an indicator at the front of each compartment that indicates which employee is to take something from that compartment, based on a computer program. So if employee #3 enters a drug in the program, the computer lights up the color for employee #3 at the correct compartment.

If that is correct, there are some issues. First, I don't think a simple red/green indicator will be sufficient. What happens when there are three employees? There is a way around this, but a better solution might be a single digit display that can show the numbers 1 through 9.

Second, wiring up all of this is going to be very difficult. First, you will need an expander circuit to take 1 or 2 bytes of data from the computer and decode it into over 100 possible compartment locations. Second, you have to run at least two wires from the expander circuit to every compartment. This will be very difficult.

ak

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Thank you for answering me so if I understand you I can build a dispenser of médicaments based In RFID?
RFID systems are modular off the shelf readily available.Two of the most important questions to answer are will you see a return on your investment. Fixed costs, recurring costs, as well as the cost of labor, all must be evaluated before implementing a new system.
As a starting point,cost feasibility,recurring costs and then determining if RFID (or another technology) is the right fit for your application. It will be in your best interest to provide all available information from a business point of view.