Audio mixer fader problem

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Your complaint doesn't make sense, maybe because there is not enough information.

You say the inputs and outputs all work, but the channel faders don't.

If the faders don't operate, how about you testing the output? What do they do?

Are you sure you are taking the output from the right spot, and not the effects bus or some foldback, or something?

Could you explain how you tested, and what happens when you operate the fader(s)?

Ronnydee

Joined Mar 17, 2019
Ok. What did you use to determine there was an output at all the designated Jack's for each channel?
Aah ok sorry. I’m talking about the main LR output and headphones out. I can hear each mic and when my drum kit is mic’d.

Working the faders do not affect the output at all.

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Given that none of the faders work, something common to all must have failed. If the unit has a fader bypass function or fader on/off then it is likely that it has failed in the off/bypass state.

Ronnydee

Joined Mar 17, 2019
Given that none of the faders work, something common to all must have failed. If the unit has a fader bypass function or fader on/off then it is likely that it has failed in the off/bypass state.
Yeah I also was thinking the same. Just trying to pinpoint the common circuit to the faders from the diagram.

Ronnydee

Joined Mar 17, 2019
Your complaint doesn't make sense, maybe because there is not enough information.

You say the inputs and outputs all work, but the channel faders don't.

If the faders don't operate, how about you testing the output? What do they do?

Are you sure you are taking the output from the right spot, and not the effects bus or some foldback, or something?

Could you explain how you tested, and what happens when you operate the fader(s)?
Aah ok sorry. I’m talking about the main LR output and headphones out. I can hear each mic and when my drum kit is mic’d.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019

OK, so when you say main LR out, which jacks, exactly, are you using? ¼", XLR? How are they labeled?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I would exercise each switch a few times and put them in the appropriate position.

What does the LED Vu meter indicate when you are manipulating the faders?

I recommend you test another input as well to see if the same symptoms occur.

And since you have a meter, test all the power supply voltages.

Report all results.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Also, do you have the ST switches ON for the channels you are testing? Do the gain controls change the mix (not the faders, the ones at the top)?

Does the AUX control change the mix you hear?

Ronnydee

Joined Mar 17, 2019
I would exercise each switch a few times and put them in the appropriate position.

What does the LED Vu meter indicate when you are manipulating the faders?

I recommend you test another input as well to see if the same symptoms occur.

And since you have a meter, test all the power supply voltages.

Report all results.
I’ll recheck again later, but I think the vu meter functions correctly when I adjust the gain, and faders have no affect on the output.
here is the manual ....

When you press it in, the lamp energizes. Pre-Fader-Level.
Hi guys thankx for replying. I had a limit of 5 posts per hour. I will proceed with your testing and give you more info