Audio Amplifier - TPA3136AD2

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
Everybody uses a stereo audio system with good speakers far enough apart.
There are many poor quality portable audio systems available. They are so small that stereo sounds like mono.
Your speaker is too small to produce good audio. It plays no low bass sounds then music will sound tinny and a man's voice will sound like a chipmunk.
Here is the speaker frequency response in a proper enclosure:

Attachments

Mirzan

Joined Jul 6, 2022
Everybody uses a stereo audio system with good speakers far enough apart.
There are many poor quality portable audio systems available. They are so small that stereo sounds like mono.
Your speaker is too small to produce good audio. It plays no low bass sounds then music will sound tinny and a man's voice will sound like a chipmunk.
Here is the speaker frequency response in a proper enclosure:
1657654999825.png
I will get the OM one not the FLX.
like I need a really small speaker and it needs to be rectangular because this thing it need to go in another big project so I need to keep the cost down while try to make the best product I can, I saw the description by Visaton and it said very good things.
I don't need VERY good music, just that its loud enough and cheap and that my ears don't bleed (lol).

Attachments

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
The OM speaker has worse low frequency response than the FLX. They sound so bad that I call them Shriekers and Squeakers, not speakers.

I have a cheap clock radio that came with a 3" shrieker. I replaced a few coupling capacitors in its amplifier and connected a 6.5" woofer in a ported enclosure, a crossover network and a dome tweeter. It sounds perfect.

Attachments

Mirzan

Joined Jul 6, 2022
The OM speaker has worse low frequency response than the FLX. They sound so bad that I call them Shriekers and Squeakers, not speakers.

I have a cheap clock radio that came with a 3" shrieker. I replaced a few coupling capacitors in its amplifier and connected a 6.5" woofer in a ported enclosure, a crossover network and a dome tweeter. It sounds perfect.
I don't have the space to fit a woofer, anything larger than 5'' it's impossible to put

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I recently heard a Name Brand little portable speaker playing most audio frequencies very well.
Maybe the Visaton speakers you are looking at were designed 60 years ago and they hope you will return to buy their expensive sub-woofer.
Some inexpensive 4" woofers play low frequencies. Years ago my "sound system-for-the-beach" sounded great with one.

Mirzan

Joined Jul 6, 2022
I recently heard a Name Brand little portable speaker playing most audio frequencies very well.
Maybe the Visaton speakers you are looking at were designed 60 years ago and they hope you will return to buy their expensive sub-woofer.
Some inexpensive 4" woofers play low frequencies. Years ago my "sound system-for-the-beach" sounded great with one.
Hello, I have an update, I created the circuit and tested, I hear the two speaker audio but I need 1.6V+ input to hear it.
I think I found the problem, which is I put the input rigth positive and negative together, and left positive and negative together (LINP LINN and RINP RINN). And the Volume doesnt seems to work.
1658407405055.png

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
I think I found the problem, which is I put the input rigth positive and negative together, and left positive and negative together (LINP LINN and RINP RINN). And the Volume doesnt seems to work.
Doesn‘t it have differential inputs?
In which case if subtracts LINN from LINP, so if you have connected them together, when it subtracts them, it gets zero.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Thanks I fixed it, but now my question is how did it work. like it's a differential input so it was 0V
There should be a figure in the datasheet for common mode rejection.
What you heard is the common mode gain (or the opposite of common mode rejection). CMRR decreases with frequency, so I suspect that what you heard would have been a bit trebly.