Audio Amplifier CCT5801 no datasheet - unable to find datasheet - help appreciated

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
Hi - I am trying to take two mono-speaker USB drive player cubes, and turn them into a stereo speaker. This is what it looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Speake...893230?hash=item1c59fddb2e:g:g3EAAOSwA4dWHbMA

The things is really cute, with loud sound, rechargable Li-ion, and only 2" wide.

The problem is that the board mixes the L & R channels and then feeds the single audio amplifier in the ConstantCrystal.com.tw CCT5801 chip. I cannot find the chip layout or application datasheet for this obscure chip designed in China. I need to feed only one channel to the chip, but have no idea where the mixing circuit is, or where the input to the chip is.

So I will connect one channel from the Line Out of the cube into the Line In of a second cube. But I need to connect the other channel of the Line Out to the CCT5801 on its own cube. I need to figure the input to the CCT5801 (or to hack the mixer to ignore the 2nd channel).

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Bernie

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Bernie, it looks like you've already done quite a bit of study to understand how the circuit works. Can you share more of what you know? Do you have pictures of the circuit boards? How about a hand made schematic? Or maybe you've already figured it out, since it's been almost a month since your post.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Hi - I am trying to take two mono-speaker USB drive player cubes, and turn them into a stereo speaker. This is what it looks like: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Speake...893230?hash=item1c59fddb2e:g:g3EAAOSwA4dWHbMA

The things is really cute, with loud sound, rechargable Li-ion, and only 2" wide.

The problem is that the board mixes the L & R channels and then feeds the single audio amplifier in the ConstantCrystal.com.tw CCT5801 chip. I cannot find the chip layout or application datasheet for this obscure chip designed in China. I need to feed only one channel to the chip, but have no idea where the mixing circuit is, or where the input to the chip is.

So I will connect one channel from the Line Out of the cube into the Line In of a second cube. But I need to connect the other channel of the Line Out to the CCT5801 on its own cube. I need to figure the input to the CCT5801 (or to hack the mixer to ignore the 2nd channel).

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Bernie
Constant Crystal Taiwan
I found a web site but only half of it in English and no data sheet.

8-pin DIP or SOIC?
3.5 Watt, class AB, single supply < 6 V
* No output coupling capacitors, bootstrap capacitors or snubber circuits are necessary
* unity gain stable
* External gain configuration capability
* 10% of THD + N, 1kHz when:
* 3Ω load of 3.5W (typ), 4Ω load, 3 watts (typical), 8Ω load, 2 watts (typical).
* Standby current: 0.6μA (typ)
* Supply voltage range: 2.0 V to 5.5 V
* The total harmonic distortion in the 1st 1W continuous average output power kHz to 8Ω: 0.5% (maximum)

But no data sheet.

Can you at least identify which pins are power and ground? Is pin 7 ground and 1 and 2 VCC? Consider the attached.
That would help give us some guesses to compare it to other CCT devices.

Attachments

Last edited:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Is this it?

5W audio amp

http://www.ndatasheet.com/noconverter/702555/ETC/CCT6805-pdf.html

Only took me about 5 minutes to find it and that is weeding out the garbage sites.

Granted not much detail. But looks like it is a Chinese chip so don't expect much.
Yes, same here. Just wondering if it was similar to the 5801 in question. An odd and identifiable power pin structure.

Wow! SailorJoe, Spinnaker. This old sailor is right at home.
(USN Retired here)

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
Bernie, it looks like you've already done quite a bit of study to understand how the circuit works. Can you share more of what you know? Do you have pictures of the circuit boards? How about a hand made schematic? Or maybe you've already figured it out, since it's been almost a month since your post.
OK, I will post what I know about this IC but I never found a datasheet. I did build the stereo cube, but it was tough without the datasheet, and had to disconnect the IC from the internal audio line, and reconnect it through an external feedback circuit.

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
Yes, same here. Just wondering if it was similar to the 5801 in question. An odd and identifiable power pin structure.

(USN Retired here)
Sorry this datasheet is of no use. The 5801
Is this it?

5W audio amp

http://www.ndatasheet.com/noconverter/702555/ETC/CCT6805-pdf.html

Only took me about 5 minutes to find it and that is weeding out the garbage sites.

Granted not much detail. But looks like it is a Chinese chip so don't expect much.

Sorry this datasheet is of no use. The CCT5801 is a mono single amplifier 3.5W with standby and feedback.

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013

(USN Retired here)
Hey, Spinnaker. Retired aerospace engineer here. Grew up as a Navy brat, and lived on USS Enterprise for a few weeks at sea on a project. One CAT shot logged. Great ride. Did competitive sailing in Puget Sound for 20 yrs to earn the moniker. I raised and trimmed many a spinnaker on a windy day.

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
Attached please find what I could determine at best. It did the job for me.

The functions of pins 2 & 3 I could not determine. One is most likely IN -/+ which has been signal grounded. The other one did not appear to be Vcc or ground.

The mixing of the L & R channels happened off-chip, but the board was very tight surface mounted and I do not know how to find it.

Attachments

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
I hope you find the diagram I just posted on the CCT5801 layout useful.

If you are interested in the project I was pursuing, which was to combine two mono cubes into a stereo pair, drop me a note and I will send you the details of the modification. You will need to cut pin 4 off the board.

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Yup, that's it. The Max9716. Obviously a cheap and low-performance Chinese ripoff this CCT5801.

I did notice that pins 2 & 3 were connected together.

How did you manage to discover this?

Thanks a lot.
2 and 3 connected together? And connected to +V? See post #3.

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
2 and 3 connected together? And connected to +V? See post #3.
Apparently 2 & 3 are the IN+ of the two op amps. When connected together (or when both are signal grounded) and also tied to +V/2, it can convert an input signal referenced to ground into a differential output, and thus eliminate the output driving capacitor. This doubles the output voltage and hence quadruples the power of the amplifier. If not tied together, then it becomes a differential input to differential output amplifier.

It is pin compatible to the LM4890.

Thanks for your design diagram and help.

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Yup, that's it. The Max9716. Obviously a cheap and low-performance Chinese ripoff this CCT5801.

I did notice that pins 2 & 3 were connected together.

How did you manage to discover this?

Thanks a lot.
Glad that helped. I searched for CCT5801, and found a listing describing it as a "3.5 W amplifier...."
So I grabbed that title and searched for "3.5 W amplifier... IC". Then I looked at a few listings until I found one with pinouts that matched your drawing. Ten minutes. Couldn't have done it without your drawing.

Berninia

Joined Nov 21, 2015
Glad that helped. I searched for CCT5801, and found a listing describing it as a "3.5 W amplifier...."
So I grabbed that title and searched for "3.5 W amplifier... IC". Then I looked at a few listings until I found one with pinouts that matched your drawing. Ten minutes. Couldn't have done it without your drawing.
Nice, very smart.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Apparently 2 & 3 are the IN+ of the two op amps. When connected together (or when both are signal grounded) and also tied to +V/2, it can convert an input signal referenced to ground into a differential output, and thus eliminate the output driving capacitor. This doubles the output voltage and hence quadruples the power of the amplifier. If not tied together, then it becomes a differential input to differential output amplifier.

It is pin compatible to the LM4890.

Thanks for your design diagram and help.
Re: It is pin compatible to the LM4890.

Ah! Good.