astak wireless camra receiver

seth.weed

Joined Oct 22, 2007
Right now I own a astak wireless camra and receiver and two camras. you can change the chanel by pressing a botton
to select a chanel, could someone give me some insite to making a the chanels switch on there own or a way to make a remote that I could change the chanels by. if someone could send me in the right direction that would be great thanks

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Not familiar with your cameras, but have played around with switching signals. Mine are all wired. At first, I just fed them all (4) through a VCR, and used the remote to switch channels, but wanted something automatic. Tried a CD4066 bilateral switch, but lost signal, needed to amplify (no ideas). So, I've been using a relay and a 555 astable to switch between front yard and backyard cameras. Works pretty good, a little noisey.
Bought a MAX454 chip ($10), but haven't gotten around to hooking it up. It basically handles the switching of 4 cameras, and has an amplifier. A 2 bit (pins) selects which channel. Haven't decided on how I want to do the program yet, or which AVR micro I'm going to use, so many posabilities.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Why not contact their customer support first?

Michael Li ( michaell (at) astak.com )
Just change the " (at) " to "@" - I did it that way so his Email doesn't get picked up by spammers.

See what he says. If he's no help, then give us some more information - like HOW do you change channels (push buttons on a box, use a remote control, etc.)