ASSISTANCE ON VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE (FREQUENCY CONVERTER)

Dira

Joined May 22, 2019
My Engineers are currently working on MD 345B crane and has issue with the frequency converter.
The converter is not responding to the joy sick.
These were our observations:
What can you see on the display when you turn on the crane. :the frequency converter is ready for command as shown from the display, it also show zero and no error message displayed.
Does your horn activates when operator push the button?..the horn activates when the crane is on
Did they check emergency button if depressed?...the emergency button is not depressed
Did they check the limit?...The limit switch is okay.
What is the status of your supply on the converter and connection of the joystick.>>the joystick is not giving command to the frequency converter
However, please note that the frequency converter, the joystick and the hoist motor were replaced newly.

In summary: Power input confirmed but no power output to energize hoist motor.

Attached herewith is the diagram of the crane frequency converter

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Have you set up the VFD parameters correctly?
Is the external control PLC inputs wired correctly And enabled for digital input control?
Are the Parameters all set per the manual for your motor?
Did it previously work and now has quit?
Max.

Last edited:

Dira

Joined May 22, 2019
Have you set up the VFD parameters correctly? Yes
Is the external control PLC inputs wired correctly And enabled for digital input control? Yes
Are the Parameters all set per the manual for your motor? It was wrongly set previously but has being corrected
Did it previously work and now has quit? It did not work after the parts were changed

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I am not familiar with that particular VFD, but I would test it in the front control panel/local mode first, IOW, set the RPM and Start P.B..
Max.