Assistance ID'ing/sourcing 'generic' rotary switches?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends

Despite some considerable effort, I have been able to identify neither the manufacturer nor the industry 'name'/'term of art' applied to these devices?:confused::( -- Please note that acceptable substitutes will offer the 'postilion limit' feature described below as well as provision for panel mounting...

Casual description:
These "double pole ten throw" switches feature a selectable position limit via a 'stop tab washer' and 'stop slots' (for example: limiting the switch to the three positions from and including full ccw requires placement of the stop tab in the third 'stop slot' cw of full ccw while the switch position is ccw of the forth detent) -- please see the images...

Many advance thanks for any info, suggestions or wild guesses!:):):)

Left to right:
-A 'Kluged' stop tab washer - note the 'stop tab'.
-The rotary switch (front view) - note the 'stop slots'.
-A US $0.25 piece for perspective
RS_Front.JPG

Rear View
RS_Back.JPG

Very best regards
HP:)

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
If they are not responsive to your voltage or current requirements, that's on you.
That's quite alright!:) -- My requirement is for 'signal-level' applications (i.e. E < 1V at I < 10 mA) -- Thus it seems 'adjustable stop' is the nomenclature - good deal!:)

Unfortunately, Mouser doesn't appear to have stock in the more modest power/EMF handling units:( Are you aware of other suppliers that deal in such items in small quantities? -- Inasmuch as I will be suggesting said devices for various projects in the EHT tutorials, I wish to avoid annoying readers via requirement of large minimum orders, etc!:rolleyes: -- Yea, I know!:rolleyes: But experience has taught me that hobbyists are hyper-sensitive where even trivial outlay is concerned (aren't we all?:oops:o_O):D

Well hey! Many thanks and very best regards!
HP:)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Many, many sincere thanks to all respondents to this thread!

FWIW I am in the process of composing our 'EHT Indicator Construction micro-tutorial' (for completion prior to @Aleph(0) 's return) -- Said effort desperately required a source for the subject of my inquiry - Thanks to your kind responses I may now offer a proper construction article --as opposed to-- a rigmarole of suggestions, less than elegant 'workarounds' and contingencies...

Again, thank you!:cool:

Best regards
HP:):):)