Are you a robot?

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I have had a few robot calls lately. They start out with, " Hi, I'm blah blah, Can you hear me OK??". This is when I hang up without saying anything.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I have had a few robot calls lately. They start out with, " Hi, I'm blah blah, Can you hear me OK??". This is when I hang up without saying anything.
Gawd, I hate those calls. Just as annoying are the calls that are automatically dialed. If a answer my phone, the caller has about 1 second to start talking before I hang up.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Using caller ID and a phone answering machine, I have only (accidentally) answered 2 or 3 of those calls this year. The rest mostly hang up after my machine answers their machine. I think if their words contained their message, they would leave a message. When they don't say anything, that tells me the message is, "My goal is to use up your personal time. If I can't do that, there is nothing to say."

So, the robo-dialer dials my robo-answerer which answers with a robo-message and they both robo-hang-up.:rolleyes:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...the caller has about 1 second to start talking before I hang up.
Ditto. Any hesitation means "hang up quick".

I don't get robocalls on my cellphone but if I did, it would be a problem. It seems like my iPhone takes a second or so to open the line. Many times I pick up and say hello, but the caller apparently doesn't hear me. They don't respond until I say hello a second time.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't get robocalls on my cellphone
Some lawyer around here keeps advertising on the TV about the penalties he can get for you if robo's dial your cell. Apparently those laws work better than the Do Not Call lists. If only I could get the same 3 to 6 robo-calls per day on my cell phone at $1500 each!:D