Arduino_high impedance source with analog input

Hadjer A

Joined Apr 13, 2017
I was testing arduino analog input accuracy for that i used a voltage devider with R1=18k and R2=3k ,the result was good (1bit error)
but when changed the resistor value to R1=R2=460k i get a big fluctuation around (10 bit).
I searched about that and i found that high impedance will make the internal capacitor(14pF) take more time to charge.
SO what is the solution with high impedance i realy need solution cause my preject circuit have output impednace > 100K.

High impedance:
High impedance.PNG
LOW impedance:
low impedance.PNG

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
A good buffer for this purpose is a low noise, low offset op amp (not a 741:eek:) connected as a gain of 1 follower.

Alternately can you slow down the sample rate to allow more time for the internal capacitance to charge?

Last edited:

Hadjer A

Joined Apr 13, 2017
thank you,
actually i tried buffer using LM358N and it was the same fluctuation ,i measured the output impedance of LM358N and it was about 1k .
the thing that i didn't understand in those fluctuation is :when the time of charge is long , the first N reading will be wrong ,after that the capacitor will charge and we will get the right value Sans titre.png ?? but the fluctuations (values) is going up and down why? is there a discharge of the capa ??

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi HA,
I did tests sometime ago for a PIC's ADC acquisition time.
How often are you reading the ADC input.?

Note: Zsrc 1R thru 12500R in 2500R steps.

A PIC d/s recommends no greater that 10K source impedance.
E

Attachments