Arduino modules for detect earthing system copper theft

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
Is anyone know arduino sensor that can detect copper theft ?, maybe like earth tester that test earth resistance automatically 24/7 and send reports if there is something wrong, it is very good for data center and telecommunication, because equipment can get damaged is someone steal ground wire nor rods

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Is anyone know arduino sensor that can detect copper theft ?, maybe like earth tester that test earth resistance automatically 24/7 and send reports if there is something wrong, it is very good for data center and telecommunication, because equipment can get damaged is someone steal ground wire nor rods
I think I would superimpose some high frequency low amplitude signal on the earthing system from one end and put the detector on the other. If the signal stops or changes amplitude, something went wrong.

I think I would superimpose some high frequency low amplitude signal on the earthing system from one end and put the detector on the other. If the signal stops or changes amplitude, something went wrong.
I immediately thought about it too. This seems to be the surest way

meowsoft

Joined Feb 27, 2021
They are not always unscathed.
Sometimes... They Add Aluminium Wire... Then Remove Main Ground Wire..
Replace Precious Copper with Cheap Aluminium... Of Course They Don't Electrocuted...
Sometimes Replace 120mm² copper with 6mm² copper...