arduino circuit and programming simulation

onurdnz95

Joined Oct 27, 2021
Hello friends. I want to build a circuit that I will set up with an arduino, control various sensors and devices, but before I set up the circuit in the physical environment, I want to simulate whether it will work correctly. I found a few websites on this subject, but none of them had all the components I would use. there were always missing components and circuit elements. Is there an online or offline arduino simulation program you can recommend to me? I will specify the devices and components that I will use below. thanks...

Arduino Mega 2560
2x16 LCD
DHT11 or DHT22
Mini Servo
Voice Sensor
Timer Relay

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
before I set up the circuit in the physical environment, I want to simulate whether it will work correctly
Why would you need to do that? Just connect the components to the Arduino. If they don't work, troubleshoot why they don't work. If you're careless and hook things up wrong or make mistakes in the design of the circuitry connecting to the Arduino, you'll learn to be more careful.

I have never simulated any circuits that I connected to Arduino's or Raspberry Pi's.

onurdnz95

Joined Oct 27, 2021
Why would you need to do that? Just connect the components to the Arduino. If they don't work, troubleshoot why they don't work. If you're careless and hook things up wrong or make mistakes in the design of the circuitry connecting to the Arduino, you'll learn to be more careful.

I have never simulated any circuits that I connected to Arduino's or Raspberry Pi's.
Just looking for an answer for the question, thanks for the advice

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hello friends. I want to build a circuit that I will set up with an arduino, control various sensors and devices, but before I set up the circuit in the physical environment, I want to simulate whether it will work correctly. I found a few websites on this subject, but none of them had all the components I would use. there were always missing components and circuit elements. Is there an online or offline arduino simulation program you can recommend to me? I will specify the devices and components that I will use below. thanks...

Arduino Mega 2560
2x16 LCD
DHT11 or DHT22
Mini Servo
Voice Sensor
Timer Relay
I doubt it. Any simulation software would have to also simulate the software running on the Arduino. As any CS student knows, a full simulation of a machine is almost impossible. Plus, you’d have to simulate all of the peripherals AND their software.

There are limitations to simulation. This is one of them.

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013

Arduino Mega 2560
2x16 LCD
DHT11 or DHT22
Mini Servo
Voice Sensor
Timer Relay
Proteus for Arduino will do all of that. But it will cost about $250 USD, but worth it.

https://maker.pro/arduino/projects/how-to-simulate-arduino-projects-using-proteus

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
How many Arduino shields does Proteus support? A big problem with Arduino development is using the libraries for the shields. Plus libraries that extend the base hardware, such as software serial, PWM, Servo control, LCD displays… How many Arduino libraries does Proteus support?
I didn’t say it was a do “absolutely everything” tool. But I have the tool and it worked well for me.

Sorry if you disagree, but I answered the question asked by the TS.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
I didn’t say it was a do “absolutely everything” tool. But I have the tool and it worked well for me.

Sorry if you disagree, but I answered the question asked by the TS.
In general, I agree. But he has specific peripherals in mind, and I had in mind if Proteus could simulate them.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
The Arduino IDE already has a "simulator", it's the Serial Monitor. Simply write the code to send the program outputs to the serial monitor. Likewise, you can write code to take inputs from the serial monitor into the program to run. I can only assume from your original question that you are unfamiliar with using the serial monitor and its capabilities. It is a very powerful tool once you learn how to use it to simulate inputs and outputs by writing them from and to the monitor. Once you have the program working correctly simply uncomment and comment the code, as necessary. Learning to use the serial monitor is an essential part of learning to code using the Arduino IDE. Oh yes, it is free, and you already have it!