archimedes screw " thought "

kwhkwh

Joined Jul 19, 2016
And this is exactly why I have a 'sh!t or get off the pot' attitude about question asking on forums. :mad:

Rarely am I being rude or snarky just to be that way. It's to get the OP riled up enough to either come forward with what they really want and are doing or to piss them off enough to leave. :(

As with everyone else here I can not see the lead in of asking a question about Archimedes screws and water and dragging that subject out for 50+ posts and how it remotely relates to designing a jet engine of any kind. :mad:

Anyone want to discuss why my cat coughs up hairballs for 50+ posts so that I can get help on figuring out why the master cylinder on my pickup is leaking fluid so that I don't have to do a Google search on brake cylinder designs? :rolleyes:
And this is exactly why I have a 'sh!t or get off the pot' attitude about question asking on forums. :mad:

Rarely am I being rude or snarky just to be that way. It's to get the OP riled up enough to either come forward with what they really want and are doing or to piss them off enough to leave. :(

As with everyone else here I can not see the lead in of asking a question about Archimedes screws and water and dragging that subject out for 50+ posts and how it remotely relates to designing a jet engine of any kind. :mad:

Anyone want to discuss why my cat coughs up hairballs for 50+ posts so that I can get help on figuring out why the master cylinder on my pickup is leaking fluid so that I don't have to do a Google search on brake cylinder designs? :rolleyes:
actually all my post were relalating to the idea of how an achimedes screw could be applied ... nice attitude !

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
actually all my post were relalating to the idea of how an achimedes screw could be applied ... nice attitude !
But if had told us in the first post you were trying to compress/pump air, we could of told you that an Archimedes screw doesn't work with air. Saving you time to look for another idea. As I said in post #43, those pumps are to raise liquid to another level not make pressure.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Nothing in any of your posts when used in the context of the overall thread and the questions you have asked remotely suggests you are looking for information on Jet Turbine Engine working principals or designs.
Maybe in your mind that's what you were relating things to but as you have written every post everything we see and take in the overall context suggests you are working with Archimedes screws as water pumps not Jet Turbine Engines. :oops:

That's where the attitude comes from.